Orange/Putnam folks..

Discussion in 'New York Regional' started by SpeedAddict02, Feb 9, 2012.

1. slayer74

slayer74 Veteran Member

dont know what time you have to be in,but from my experience tha earlier the better,i live right on the border of yonkers/bronx and every day it starts to get backed up at around 7am all the way from mclean ave right down to the bridge at that time your going to hit it wherever wheather it be the deegan the westside the bronx river even the buses and trains are jammed at that time

2. bfmgoalie

bfmgoalie Veteran Member

When I was in NY, I'm glad I lived outside of Albany. We had traffic issues there, but nothing like the folks who live/work in "The City". Wickedz28, you had to pay tolls? Surprises me. Hope you are beginning to warm up. Its actually starting to get hot here. About 80 right now.

3. XxWickedz28xX

XxWickedz28xX Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I dont have to pay tolls, I zig zag around in The Bronx to avoid them. Its always a gamble though. The toll road very rarely has traffic, the Deegan/Cross Bronx could be a nightmare. If im running late I take the Hudson Pkwy, which has a $4 toll ($2 something with ezpass).

Cloudy, 50 something, muddy lawns, with sand/salt all over the roads. Homesick yet? LoL
    My old work partner just bought a place in Tierra Verde FL, on the gulf think. The pics he sends me look like a dream. He was born and raised in Queens, said hes never coming back...lol

4. bfmgoalie

bfmgoalie Veteran Member

I thought because of your work, you wouldn't be required to pay. My BIL and his son don't...NYSP. I do miss home. We are about 15 minutes from the ocean here in New Symrna Beach, 15 from Daytona, about 1/2 hour from Kennedy Space Center (FlaJunkie lives almost across the street), great car shows and we had Bike Week 3 weeks ago. Always something cooking. But to me, I still miss upstate NY.

As weird as this sounds, many folks who have transported here from NY are either from Syracuse or the Capital District. A week ago, I spot a car pulling into Home Depot. I see the license plate bracket and its from Glens Falls NY (If you're not aware, its about 10 minutes from the Ad Nats). I approach everyone who has a NY plate to find out where they're from. This guy said Troy, NY. That's where the wifey is from. I went to school there (HS & college) and worked there for 14 years. I ask where in Troy? When he told me, I almost poo. He was literally my wife's next door neighbor.

I pursued the conversation further. He knew where I went to school, where I worked, places I hung out. I asked the guy where he worked and he told me Ford Motor in Green Island, NY. They manufactured radiators for all Ford vehicles. I knew a few folks who worked there primarily because my Dad's business did work for them. I then asked him if he knew "so & so" who worked there. This was my wife's ex fiance. He said "yup...biggest ass hole he's ever known".

I now know why I married Diane.:)

Oh, 2 cars for sale at the car show (Turkey Run) in Daytona...both from Syracuse. I have four neighbors from NY. Yup, Syracuse. Played golf with a guy....Syracuse. Was at an air show Sunday...you guessed it! Needed a little work done on my FXDWG. Talked to the tech. Syracuse. Its wild.

5. XxWickedz28xX

I do building maintenance/HVAC. No freebies for me :whine: trust me Ive asked..lol. Im allowed to park in the building which is a huge help.

6. bfmgoalie

bfmgoalie Veteran Member

Sorry...got you confused with 1WILDZ. Wonder if he has to pay for tolls?

7. twozs

twozs Veteran Member

This is my commute every morning at 6:00 am to about 7:00 am . I get off at the 127 exit on the hutch instead of the cross county . It gets prett nuts out there .

8. SpeedAddict02

SpeedAddict02 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

2hrs in again. Seems like there's no way around it for me. My schedule sux and I need to pick back into the bronx next year. Stuck with it for now. I'll still take the commute to my home than to the hole in the wall in Brooklyn lol. AND going home I do it an 90 minutes because there's no traffic at 3-4am. I can go through jersey also on the way home when I need gas and fill up for $3.35/gal so that will help too.

9. XxWickedz28xX

At those hours, im usually buzzing along northbound. Traffic is usually brutal southbound, I feel for ya :D

10. XxWickedz28xX

They see GWAPE coming and just wave him through. Doug is the man.