Original 71 SS front and rear bumpers

RS_SS350

Veteran Member
Dec 6, 2002
S.F. Bay Area, CA (East)
Hi all,

Getting rid of my original bumpers. There's some surface rust on the inside of the bumpers but no rot through. And the chrome itself on the outside surface cleans up real nice (tried it on one area and was pleasantly surpised at how good it came out for 45 year old chrome).

Some scratches but all in all solid and probably good for a rechrome since it has nice gauge original steel as opposed to the resto versions. Also probably very good for a decent dialy driver too with a bit of chrome polish and elbow grease.

$20-25 each from anyone who can meet up in the SF east bay - seems like shipping might be too pricey and not worth the trouble. Want these to go to someone who can put them to good use...

Let me know if you have any questions publicly, but offers by PM please.

THanks!

Last edited:

badazz81z28

Veteran Member
May 4, 2001
Alabama
Reproduction bumpers especially from AMD are actually good quality and thick.

Does your rear bumper have the bumper fangs/guards?

flowjoe

Staff member
Lifetime Gold Member
Feb 7, 2006
SoCal
RS_SS350 said:
Hi all,

Getting rid of my original bumpers. There's some surface rust on the inside of the bumpers but no rot through. And the chrome itself on the outside surface cleans up real nice (tried it on one area and was pleasantly surpised at how good it came out for 45 year old chrome).

Some scratches but all in all solid and probably good for a rechrome since it has nice gauge original steel as opposed to the resto versions. Also probably very good for a decent dialy driver too with a bit of chrome polish and elbow grease.

Taking offers from anyone who can meet up in the SF east bay - seems like shipping might be too pricey and not worth the trouble. Want these to go to someone who can put them to good use...

Let me know if you have any questions publicly, but offers by PM please.

THanks!
Forum rules require a price be posted with for sale items. This is not a bidding forum, we do not solicit "best offer" competitions. Please amend your ad to comply with the forum rules or your post will be deleted.

Thanks

RS_SS350

Veteran Member
Dec 6, 2002
S.F. Bay Area, CA (East)
Not soliciting bids but I get your point. Just want to get rid of them and willing to take really low offer as courtesy to me, not expecting to make money off these. Like I said just want someone who might use them to take them away...