Out smarted by my 74 Camaro and a Pecan Pie.

Z28PILOT

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Oct 8, 2009
Emerald Isle , NC
My wife baked a special pecan pie Sunday uses a lot of pecans . She then asked me to take it to our friends home down the road . Beautiful 70 F day so An excuse to drive the Camaro as the delivery vehicle . I climbed in with pie . Sit it down , buckled up turned key and nothing but a warning light buzz. I went though the start process 3-4 more times . twilight Zone music playing ….. Sat there dumb founded for a moment. Can ya guess why the car engine wouldn’t turn over.

Then out of the corner of my eye , the answer was starring at me. Oh dang ! “ The Pie “ in the passenger seat …. Dumb ass pie ...it hadn’t fastened it’s seatbelt.

That huge pie weighted enough to trigger the 74 ‘s seat sensor , the Camaro was waiting for the pie to fasten it’s seatbelt .

Z28PILOT

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Oct 8, 2009
Emerald Isle , NC
Good story!

Where's the pecan pie recipe? ;)

Thats a 40 plus year old joke in her family , She baked them for a fine restaurant when she was in college . The recipe was on the back of Kayro syrup bottle for like 60 years . It may not be now , but it should be easy to find. She uses lb of pecans per pie . Where most store bought pies use only a thin layer of pecans and mostly filling .

Z28PILOT

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Oct 8, 2009
Emerald Isle , NC
6B59C163-A37B-4025-8FD1-1D61E0226C01.jpeg
Dark Syrup

1972_Z-28

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Oct 6, 2005
Sugar Land, Texas
Funny story and my Grandmother used the same recipe for pecan pie.
Had 2 large good producing pecan trees in the yard. There was a few other things she cooked that pecans.

Latest posts