Paint shop jail! Should I bail?

bondora68

Veteran Member
Dec 14, 2014
Mobile, AL
Well, I did a unannounced visit today at lunch and had a good talk with the brother of the owner who s doing the work. When I arrived he was actually working on the car and taking it down to metal. He says that they had to fire some employees for stealing but are having trouble replacing them. He assured me that they have never had a car leave without the work getting done. I don't really know what to do but as long as progress is being made, I'm gonna just keep looking in until progress stops or they finish. I hope I'm not being foolish but this is the first time I have showed up in 2 months where they were working on the car...
thumbnail_IMG_5870.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_5871.jpg

hubedobeedo

3rd times a charm
Jul 18, 2013
Huntertown,IN
Well, I did a unannounced visit today at lunch and had a good talk with the brother of the owner who s doing the work. When I arrived he was actually working on the car and taking it down to metal. He says that they had to fire some employees for stealing but are having trouble replacing them. He assured me that they have never had a car leave without the work getting done. I don't really know what to do but as long as progress is being made, I'm gonna just keep looking in until progress stops or they finish. I hope I'm not being foolish but this is the first time I have showed up in 2 months where they were working on the car...
View attachment 148496 View attachment 148498
i guess what bothers me in the pics the glass is not protected from sanding and the mirrors ,handles and side markers are on the car still,i mean if you are ok with that . personally i would have at least removed before taking to the shop . i hope you the best. i just bought all new glass because whoever had mine before me did that. glass is not cheap and what i found is all import

80sz

sup
Feb 2, 2014
Buffalo,n.y.
Na id still say later, I’d have a can a spray paint in your hand cover up the bare spots and out she goes. I’d show up with a wrecker , pull her out boys it mine and yous are off the project , 4 years ???? Did I read that right???

bondora68

Veteran Member
Dec 14, 2014
Mobile, AL
Na id still say later, I’d have a can a spray paint in your hand cover up the bare spots and out she goes. I’d show up with a wrecker , pull her out boys it mine and yous are off the project , 4 years ???? Did I read that right???
No, its been 90 days..

Zstar

Veteran Member
Mar 23, 2014
Ocala, Florida
You have far more patience than me. I would have been gone after 30 days. Have you thought about your plan if and when he asks for more money? Have a plan in mind with a specific schedule of events.

djorgensen3

Veteran Member
Oct 15, 2009
Peoria, Az
Don't leave it there. Just load it up and go. If he really is motivated to earn your money, he'll get in touch but I don't think he will. It's one less headache he has to worry about right at this moment in time.

tom3

Veteran Member
Aug 1, 1999
ohio
I'm a long way from being any type of paint and body expert - but I'd think a couple good days work and that machine would be out in the sun waiting on you to come and get it. Or maybe I'm not seeing the hidden bad parts?