Pandemic Build 2020

Discussion in 'High Tech Retrofits' started by Mcz2880, Apr 26, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Mcz2880

Mcz2880 New Member

Hey guys, long term lurker. Canadian member, I've had my 1980 Z28 since 07 and it's been through hell and back. I finally got my hands on a decent LQ9 out of 05' Cadillac Escalade. It's probably not the best time to be shopping parts but here I am. I know I need the Fbody oil pan, so forgive me for the most abused question on this forum but which oil pan can I substitute for the 98 to 02 Fbody pan. I priced out an OEM pan/windage tray/pickup tube/dipstick and dipstick tube only to discover they couldn't ship to Montreal, Quebec Canada. The cost of what's available to ship is falling into the Aftermarket Holley range. I don't mind forking out for the Holley but I've been sifting through the internet since thursday ready to order parts and I can't find a 100% positive " this holley pan fits a 1980 Z28". Any input would be greatly appreciated, delivery times are extended and the faster I order the faster I can get things rolling. I will be using billet adjustable LSX adapter mounts so I will have some play, I'm running the 4l65E converted from 4x4 and will be ordering a drive shaft once the engine and transmission are set in the car.

2. biker

biker Veteran Member

Welcome, and nice build you have on the go. Being in Ontario, I feel your pain with the exchange rate and delivery issues.

Oh I think you are way off on the most abused question. I'd say top 3 are: 1) oil filter related 2) what cam do I need 3) what are the biggest tires I can fit

You may have tried this, but Spectra Premium Industries makes all kinds of factory replacement parts and I believe they are right in Quebec somewhere. I would check with them. My second choice would be Kijiji, lots of people selling used LS parts. Third choice would be a wrecking yard. (actually that is always my first choice, but not everyone is like me.

3. 1978 Z/28

1978 Z/28 Veteran Member Gold Member

welcome I am from New Brunswick. For parts I order from Summit Racing if order is over 300 usd shipping is free.

4. Mcz2880

Mcz2880 New Member

Ya spectra premium is close by but they're closed as a non essential service and I hadn't seen a 100% confirmed case of their pans fitting. I've also known some of their employees personally and lets just say, dont ever order a radiator from there. Their employees have quotas and often don't pressure test every radiator to make their premiums on their paychecks. I also found a speed engineering pan with everything but dipstick and tube for 360$ but again, can't confirm clearance. The front is a 2.5" drop. If that fit's the rear should be fine.

As for the wrecking yards, they get picked clean regularly here.