Parting with my Camaro.

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by 1980 Camaro Berlinetta, Jun 21, 2012.

1. 1980 Camaro Berlinetta

1980 Camaro Berlinetta Veteran Member

Well its time.... I remember when I bought my 80 Berlinetta on May 17, 2000. I thought I had the sweetest car at school. I was 17 & I owned my own car. I purchased it for $1300 from my uncle. I can still remember my first memory in that car. I was driving all my buddies home from school, cause hey I had a Camaro! well just imagine 5 guys that are 6ft tall in a Camaro.... it was pretty cramped in there but hey we managed. Then came the go fast stuff. Headers, intakes, carbs & cams and what not. Going to the drag strip every week just trying to get the car consistant and go faster. I spent all my graduation money on a 355 and it was really fun to drive after that. I drove my Camaro every day for almost 5 years. Put a ton of miles on it. Laid a lot of rubber on the road I live on and other places through out Grant Co Indiana. After that I had to get something more realiable. I bought my 97 S10 & still drove the Camaro in the summer & on weekends it was nice enough to have it out. I really enjoyed it. Well a few years passed & all my Camaro did was sit. I was thinking to myself that I needed to do somthing with it. I was thinking about selling it. But I didn't. I traded it for a 79 SC. I started work to work on it & was really interested in getting it looking good & driving it this summer. Well that all changed when my other uncle told me he was going through a divorce and needed to do somthing with my grandfathers 52 M38A1 Willys Jeep. He had no time for it and no where to store it. So he asked if I wanted it. So I took it. He wanted to keep it in the family and didn't want to sell it. Now all I have been doing is working on the Jeep & getting it to where I can drive it on the weekends. Its not too practical to drive it every day, but a fun weekend driver. So now my 79 is doing exactly what my 80 was doing 6 months ago....sitting. I hate to say it but I am selling it. Its been fun owning a Camaro all these years and learning about them. So from here I would like to say thank you to everyone who has helped me here on this site. You are a great bunch of people! I have learned so much from this site. I will still continue to pop in from time to time saying hi & reading posts. And maybe help out the 17yr old kid who just bought their first second gen Camaro.
    Keep it between the ditches guys.
    Nathan
    1980 Camaro Berlinetta
    My current Camaro
    [​IMG]
    My 80 Berlinetta before my Senior Prom
    [​IMG]
    My grandpa's 52 Willys
    [​IMG]

2. Shakedown

Shakedown Veteran Member

Sorry to hear about the divorce and that you have to part with the Camaro but you are doing the right thing.

I don't know if I read the last part correctly? You sold it to a 17 year old kid? If so then that surely is a class act. Us kids (i'm 21) have a great appreciation for these cars when we buy them! I was just over 18 when I bought mine 3 years ago! And if you did sell it to a kid I commend you for giving it a good home. Hopefully he know's what he is getting. Hopefully he can come back to you for advice on the car and you can see how it's doing.

I always wanted to show my car to the previous owners who held on to my Camaro so I could save my money up and buy it, but the lady didn't really want much to do with me unfortunately and all I wanted to do was show her that I truly valued the car and her holding on it for me.

Good luck with everything!

3. 1980 Camaro Berlinetta

1980 Camaro Berlinetta Veteran Member

No I haven't sold it yet. I was saying maybe I could help a 17yr old kid on here with their first Camaro like the guys here did for me. I hope that clears this up lol

4. Michael_1979z28

Michael_1979z28 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

was that 52 at edwards drive in car show on fathers day weekend?
    If not there was one exactly like it there.

5. Noah_Seward

Noah_Seward Veteran Member

Hate to see it leave again. What are you asking?

Last edited: Jun 22, 2012
  6. harbone66

harbone66 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

The good thing is you now have your grandpa's Jeep and from the look of the pic its really nice!