Passenger Head TCS Sending Unit Availability?

Discussion in 'Original Drivetrain Topic' started by bkmont, Dec 24, 2017.

1. Budz

Budz Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I don't know the specifics on SS cars, but the 2 blade 'Switch' being discussed is part of the TCS (Transmission Controlled Spark) system, and mounts to the passenger side head.

The temp 'Sender' for the temp gauge...on '70 Z28's at least....has a single threaded stud (wire has eyelet connector - held on with washer/nut) and is mounted in the driver side head.

As far as the connector goes, you might try https://www.lectriclimited.com/

Sorry about the crappy pics...

TCS SWITCH (Pass side - White arrow)
    TCS Switch.PNG

Temp SENDER (Driver side - White arrow)
    Temp SENDER.PNG

MChamp likes this.
  2. jays2k70rss

jays2k70rss Member

Yes. I have that two pronged sending unit in the passenger side between 6$8 plugs. And then a wire with at round connector (I believe I had pictured) that runs to the transmission. I haven’t checked the driver side for the temp sending unit (it would only be a dummy light fo my car)

also, if anyone new might know. I am adding a temp and oil guage. Is there another place I can add the oil unit to without replacing the stock unit to keep the dummy light and add a second guage? Would like to do the same with the temp guage as well.

3. 70lt1z28

70lt1z28 Veteran Member Gold Member

Most folks add a tee fitting at the oil pressure sending unit. If you want to keep it looking stock there, there is a plugged outlet down by the oil filter that can be used for the gauge sending unit.

4. jays2k70rss

jays2k70rss Member

Great thanks. I will look for that spot by the oil filter