Past history of your car

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by InitialD, Mar 24, 2010.

1. WartHog

WartHog Veteran Member

^^^ I think she looked pretty sweet!

2. Black78

Black78 Member

I still have the hood, i took it off because it was fiberglass and the car looked like it was gonna launch into space because the lack of weight up front

3. 70copperZ28

70copperZ28 Veteran Member

My 70Z was bought in Scottsdale, Arizona and somehow ended up in Corpus Christi, TX in the mid 70's. The car sat in a mechanics shop in West, TX from about 1978 until 90 when I bought it. The reciepts in the glove box from 1976has the mileage at 48,000 and when I bought it in 90 it had 50,500. I found a couble of doobies when I pulled the windshield so the past of this car is a little hazy!

4. Matt T

Matt T Veteran Member

As far as I know I'm the 3rd owner. The second one took out the interior, vinyl top, and drivetrain in the 80's with (as far as I can tell by old registrations) 79k miles on it. It sat in his garage until 1991 when I got it. $400 for the car and original parts--everything major except the transmission and driveshaft. Also a complete spare dash (not too warped) Another $100 for a 350 core (supposed to be 4 bolt) with 1.94/1.50 heads. I pulled everything else apart that summer and replaced all the front bushings and sandblasted or stripped the subframe and front suspension parts and painted them with rustoleum. It sat covered outside for 3 years while I finished college. Then we moved it into my grandmother's barn. It's still there, but I now have 90% of the patch panels and I bought a set of 1974 camaro rally wheels to put on it. At this rate I won't be able to find tires for those 14x7's when I finally get it together.

I actually found this board and signed up trying to get info on making the Camaro into a convertible. I think it will stay a coupe. Our son turns 12 this summer and he really wants the 70 Firebird, but I keep telling him I have to get the Camaro together first because I don't want them both apart at the same time. The Firebird is still in one piece and runs (I think...it got buried under a couple of house projects after I replaced the transmission a couple years ago). :mad: