People are stupid and can't fix stuff anymore

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by 1980RS, Nov 3, 2018.

1. gramps

gramps Veteran Member

Good way to break a wrist too be carefull

2. ULTM8Z

ULTM8Z Veteran Member

We recently took my wife's infinity SUV in for a recall on the ABS brake sensor. On the way out the service guy is telling me how the car is due for rear brakes, cabin filter, and a few other maintanance items. I told him I either already did them myself or plan to.

You should have seen the look on his face... lol.

1980RS and John Wright like this.
  3. 1980RS

1980RS Veteran Member

Same thing on my wife's 2011 Silverado that has only 19K on it. Same thing after a recall, guy said it's overdue for a 30K service, "what's that, LOF, rotate and an air filter" I told the guy. He now knows that I was a GM journeyman for 20 years, he shut up after that.

4. ssupercoolss

ssupercoolss Veteran Member

People just love to replace the cabin air filter like its the magic piece. Car dont run right? replace the cabin air filter. Car pulls to the left? thats cause the cabin air filter is clogged. That must be a money maker for dealerships.

5. ULTM8Z

ULTM8Z Veteran Member

actually I had a nail in the tire. I replaced the cabin air filter but that didn't fix it unfortunately...

lol....

6. gramps

gramps Veteran Member

Sometimes those are a culprit though... case in point my parents ‘12 equinox. They came to visit one day and dad was telling me the blower motor would cycle up and down on its own and never would really blow well. I Pulled out the cabin filter and it was plugged solid. Not to mention the remains of the front porch seat cushions my mom was bitching about the squirrels chewing up. Cleaned the crap and new filter and the blower works like a champ again.

But I know what your saying. Cabin filters and o2 sensors seem to be the worlds recommended fix for everything lol.

7. Smokey15

Smokey15 Veteran Member

Have you checked the fuel lines? I had one that was cracked where I couldn't see it. Sucked air along with the fuel.

8. John Wright

John Wright Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

No....but it wouldn't take much to replace it to see if that was it or not...it's only 6 to 8" long and goes from the screen in the bottom of the tank to the sediment trap/fuel cutoff on the carburetor. I'll try that next.

9. Mike N

Mike N Administrator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Fixed :innocent:

John Wright likes this.
  10. ssupercoolss

ssupercoolss Veteran Member

People just love to replace the 02 sensor like its the magic piece. Car dont run right? replace the 02 sensor. Car pulls to the left? thats cause the 02 sensor is clogged. That must be a money maker for Vato Zone.

Truth. Or for some type of fuel additive. a friend of mine went to autozone to scan for a check engine light. he told me it came up as "catalytic converter". No real other info was given to me. They recommended a can of seafoam in the gas. Great salesman. He could probably sell my buddy blinker fluid though.........