Peoples meaning of OBO??

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by 79chevymuscle, Sep 4, 2013.

1. Jim Mac

Jim Mac Veteran Member

If I dont want the thing, its obo. If its something I have a price in mind, I put firm, dont bother wasting our time.
    Ive got a 67 el camino im looking to trade it for a 55-57 chevy truck on craigslist. I get alot of "whats your asking price?" I reply my SELLING price is $5000. But I wasnt planning on selling it. jim

2. reinhardt79

reinhardt79 Veteran Member

OBO is "or best offer", meaning the best you can get. I don't really bother with listings on CL that say FIRM. CL is the place you list it to get rid of it. If you are trying to make real money, take it else where.

3. Fbird

Fbird Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

OBO means get close to this $$$ and take the f*ing thing away ..... please!!!

4. LayZ

LayZ Veteran Member

LOL

it's craiglist. It's like the garage sale of the internet. You talk to and meet the most interseting people on craiglist.

5. 351maverick

351maverick full time Ebay seller/hustler/car killer

some people really to think that OBO means "or BETTER offer"

6. HurtHorseZ28

HurtHorseZ28 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Definitely means "Or Best Offer". I usually expect people to do their wheeling and dealing through email or when they talk to me on the phone. If I list something for $50, someone says they want it and come to get it, then offer me less, forget it. Larger items where people have to look at it and can't see from the pictures I posted, I'll give some room.

7. BARNFIND

BARNFIND Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I don't put OBO on anything because everyone that has ever responded to my CL adds has offered less than the listed price. ( well, I had a 69 90cc Yamaha on CL that people were falling all over themselves to buy at the listed price..go figure!)

8. trent79z

trent79z Veteran Member

Just today I looked at an 01 mustang cobra "with a small knock" listed for $2800 obo. I get there and it sounds like the car has marbles in it. I pull the dipstick, not a lick of oil! I offer the guy $2,500 cash and he gives me a look of disgust, and says he wouldn't take a penny less than $2,900 and couldn't believe how "insulting of an offer it was" for a blown up ferd that I was going to fix'n'flip. I just laughed, hopped in my truck and drove off.

9. 79chevymuscle

79chevymuscle Veteran Member

Wow thats unbelievable. I would have done just what u did turned around and walk away. That doesent even deserve a reply. The price went up a$100? Lol

10. FatnLow

FatnLow Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

They also do not know the meaning of firm. I told this guy 3 times in email and phone convo price is firm. He shows up with not enough money. I told him to come back when he has the cash.