Performance shops

Discussion in 'Oklahoma Region' started by Mousehouse, Feb 2, 2004.

1. Mousehouse

Mousehouse Veteran Member

Where does everyone buy their parts?

I usually order my stuff from Summit, Jegs or out of state. If I have to have something locally I go to O'Reillys, Gerald Brand Racing, Auto Zone or Pep boys.

Parr Automotive is starting to drop their prices but I still don't like to do business with them.

2. 71camaro383

71camaro383 Veteran Member

usually summit or from a friend that manages a local speed shop.Depends really on the part i need.

3. Mousehouse

I noticed in your profile you play golf. Where do you play and what is your handicap?

I haven't been able to play much the last several years and my golf game shows it.

4. Fuego del Sol

Fuego del Sol Member

I usually buys from Summit. I find Jegg's frustrating - it seems that a good percentage of the time I want to order a part, it's backordered, or out and waiting on a new delivery.

I am really appriciative of O'Rielly's. I don't care for their products particully, but I can call them with a a part number, and run buy and pick it up in a couple of hours. They have three (maybe more) from their warehouse, so if I call 'em early enought I'll usually only have to wait a littel while. Very handy when half into something and that unexpected find comes along....

not sure how Parr stays in business. Their prices have usually convinced me that I could wait a couple more days and get it online...

Oh yeah, then there's Classis Undustries (the one in CA)... I use them alot. Gat up on The Paddock.

5. 71camaro383

last summer i was down to a 8 handicap.Got a chance to take lessons from jim flick,instructor from arizona which really helped.I love the game of golf.Play every chance i can but 2 little ones makes it hard to get away. My son is 3 1/2 so i cant wait to start taking him. I mostly play the local courses around here.Got a chance to play in a lpga pro-am and did play at torrey pines which was my golf highlight.Maybe we can get together and play a round in tulsa or okc.

6. Mousehouse

I play at Lake Hefner mostly. A group of pros that work there and about 10 others play every weekend. They usually have some pretty good games.

I have played in Oklahoma, Kansas, Missouri, Texas and Sweden.

I use to have a + handicap. I don't know what it is now. I figure around 1 or 2.

7. 71camaro383

let me know when you are in tulsa and have some time,we can tee it up.are you coming up for the power tour?

8. Mousehouse

I might come and watch some of it.

9. 71camaro383

looking to buy some new 762 titeliest irons.any good pricing from the pros down there?

10. Mousehouse

Call Oklahoma Golf Superstore at 405-749-GOLF. Talk to Mickey. He should be able to help you out. Tell him Martin sent you.