performer rpm airgap vs victor jr???

76z28

Veteran Member
Jun 29, 2009
bakersfield
Is there a HUGE difference up top?
Does anyone have dyno charts or any comparisons?
i cant find any.
But my dad and i are looking for a new intake(mainly my dad right now i dont have money :screwup:)
we keep debating on which one so far we have agreed on the air gap but is there really that much difference up high
i mean we will probably take it to 6100-6300rpm
i would think the rpm airgap is the best
any opinions?

Damon

Veteran Member
Nov 16, 2000
Philly area
Of the few truly back-to-back tests I have seen/read about the RPM makes a little more torque, a little less peak power. The Vic gives up a little torque, makes a little more peak power. None of the differences have been "holy cow!" kind of dramatic up to 6500. If you've already got one or the other, don't spend money replacing it.

stinkboy

Veteran Member
Mar 29, 2008
milton, florida
this is why i made my intake thread :http://www.nastyz28.com/forum/showthread.php?t=161216

if you are only going to 6K to 6.5K then a dual plane intake is better than a single plane.

as you will see in my thread the performer rpm is 1500 to 6500 rpm while the vic jr is 3500 to 8000 rpm. so you are going to give up low end for a top end you will never see.

also the intake should match up to your rpm of your cam specs. if your cam maxes out in the 6K range what the hell good is an intake that goes to 8K, hmmm.

Rick WI

Veteran Member
Jul 9, 2001
Madison, WI
Of the hundreds of back to backs I have done on the dyno there is usually, 90+ percent of the time, HUGE differences below 4500 in torque and small differences above 6000. Put that percent at 100 in an application like yours.

Kamikaze

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Aug 4, 2005
So. Lake Tahoe CA. USA
76z28,

There are differences!
But to get an answer to your question requires background information on what you are building and the intended use of the vehicle! That way we can help you understand which intake would be most beneficial for your vehicle and use!

What engine size?

What Compression?

What Heads?

What Cam?

What Exhaust?

What Transmission?

What Rear end Gears?

What Rear Tire Size?

What is the weight of the vehicle?

What is the intended useage? Street? Strip? Road Race? Combo?

What percentage of Street Use?

76z28

Veteran Member
Jun 29, 2009
bakersfield
Kamikaze said:
76z28,

There are differences!
But to get an answer to your question requires background information on what you are building and the intended use of the vehicle! That way we can help you understand which intake would be most beneficial for your vehicle and use!

What engine size?

What Compression?

What Heads?

What Cam?

What Exhaust?

What Transmission?

What Rear end Gears?

What Rear Tire Size?

What is the weight of the vehicle?

What is the intended useage? Street? Strip? Road Race? Combo?

What percentage of Street Use?

350 small block 10.3:1
heads are trickflow 195 intake(i forget exhaust)
cam is Duration 308/316, Lift .495/.510,
tranny is a th350
rear is 3.42
tire size is 255/60/15
weight is about 3500
mostly street and strip use

MrZeal

Jul 8, 2009
Oklahoma City, OK
Single planes seem more like a race manifold, which is cool. Dual Planes seem like glorified stock manifolds, which is boring.

Remember the immortal words of David Lee Roth, "It's not whether you win or lose...its how you look."

;)

Latest posts