perkalators 77 lt build

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by perkalator, Feb 14, 2015.

1. Scott51

Scott51 Veteran Member

Man you’ve done some really nice work!

What product did you use on the firewall?

2. perkalator

perkalator Veteran Member

The door jams were a days work each. 1/8 round rod welded to the door edge and blended.

3. perkalator

The smoothing plate I made and welded in. the firewall was body filler, then epoxy, slick sand taken down from 80 grit to 220 then 400. final coat of epoxy thinned to use as a sealer. The top coat is VHT chassis paint and then VHT satin clear. I have used this stuff on wheels and engines and its pretty bullit proof once it sets. I have a jeep I painted the aluminum rims gun metal gray. Its been 5 years of North west summers and winters and the stuff still looks like new. I know there will be people that say I should have bought something better.

4. 75Maro

75Maro Veteran Member

Door gaps are right on time

5. perkalator

hello nastyz world. back to working on the beater camaro as all my friends call it. Ive test fit all the new front sheet metal. i will have to relief cut the inner braces on both fenders to get them to go in enough to line up with doors. the drivers side is about a 1/16"on the brace, the passenger side will be a quarter of an inch. I also plan on moving the grill back in the valance about 1". I simulated with cardboard. The last picture is a test panel with light blue and a slightly darker blue blended on the lower side. I think this is my final answer for finished color.
    image1.jpeg image2.jpeg image3.jpeg

6. perkalator

I was able to get the brake booster and master cylinder installed. The Brake booster matches the engine color. This was many hours of sanding and stripping the originals. I still need to order a new master cylinder cover. The chrome one is rusted and pitted. I think I need to clean under the car.

booster1.jpg booster2.jpg

7. perkalator

I have made some progress. Its been awhile since Ive posted. the many hours of panel alignment, deciding the golden legion aftermarket fender was junk. I got tired of stretching and shrinking trying get it to line up to the door panel so the door could open without hitting the fender. So i cut the bottom off with the inner brace and repaired the original. So the body work is done and panels are aligned on everything but the front valances. I did add metal to the body gaps between the fender and door to close them up a little. hopefully in the next couple weeks I am ready for filler primer and first round of blocking on the car.
    IMG_2465.jpg IMG_2466.jpg IMG_2544.jpg IMG_2545 (1).jpg 57836374182__2BE121E6-6474-4ECE-9F68-5D8F520E4C7E.JPG

8. 80sz

80sz Veteran Member

Gonna look mean

perkalator likes this.
  9. perkalator

ok not a camaro but my 16 yr old son just got his first project. Im thinking I make this a dual project thread and post up pics of baby the beater camaro and the s10. what are peoples thoughts on this. Finally a father son project. by the way the final goal is a v8 in the s10.

IMG_2582.jpg

10. jsibayan

jsibayan Veteran Member

I think that's cool. I wish my son could help me out....