Pete's "71" Restomod Update 01

peteegger

Veteran Member
Jul 27, 2006
North Las Vegas, NV.
Purple Haze! Discovered that a couple of my purple wires for the safety neutral and starter solenoid were incorrectly labeled inside the car at the ignition switch connector and the other purple wire to the inside fuse block. The wiring itself was correct and the engine side purple wire was labeled correctly. Initially caused a little confusion!

peteegger

Veteran Member
Jul 27, 2006
North Las Vegas, NV.
Good videos, Im currently installing a AAW in my 1970. Had a few detours but getting back on track soon.
Got most of the engine wired up today and could start it! Need a battery, jumper the safety neutral and plug the ignition connector in at the column. Going to finish the cooling fans, AC and transmission first though.

giggity

Veteran Member
Mar 18, 2013
Pearland, texas
Im working on same thing right now. Luckily my fans have a decent controller/relay. Flexalite , haven't wired the tri-nary switch yet. I like the delayed relay idea though! I also got a manual override switch for fans, I can start and stop them when needed.

hubedobeedo

3rd times a charm
Jul 18, 2013
Huntertown,IN
Purple Haze! Discovered that a couple of my purple wires for the safety neutral and starter solenoid were incorrectly labeled inside the car at the ignition switch connector and the other purple wire to the inside fuse block. The wiring itself was correct and the engine side purple wire was labeled correctly. Initially caused a little confusion!

so i am using same wire harness on my 71 with console shifter and wired according to labeling ,sounds like they are backwards ? according to schematic should be starter (solenoid) on top and ns on bottom which is how i connected it but you are saying that they are both labeled wrong?

Attachments

• 0724211019a.jpg
    0724211019a.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 38

hubedobeedo

3rd times a charm
Jul 18, 2013
Huntertown,IN
Windshield/Washer wiring is done!

when i wired mine according to schematic it has the white wire going to the motor then to pump ?it looks like i have white wire(double ) switched in connectors? i am going to post pics of were i am currently on wiring in project progress ,if you have time and see some thing that could be a problem let me know . i will take advice and listen to all comments thank you

Attachments

• 0724211033a.jpg
    0724211033a.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 42
Last edited: