Pics of my new TKX box...

Bentley

Veteran Member
Aug 14, 2020
Am I being too picky here...
Received my new TKX via UPS the other day.. The box was not perfect but seemed ok..
When I opened it the transmission was loose, on its top, laying on its shifter...
It was in neutral and I could not rotate the input shaft without appx 30 seconds of "fooling with it"...

Worse part about it was the heavy piece of carboard in the front of the box where the input shaft had punched multiple holes in it..

I sent Tremec these pics, with a comment about " if your going to ship these by monkees, you need to stiffen the interior with some 1 X 4's or something"
Looks to me like somebody pile drived the input shaft into the concrete warehouse floor. There is a cylindrical cardboard tube covering the input shaft for some protection.. You can see the outline of it in the pic to the upper right and a slight outline around the hole in the middle..
At this point I am loading this into my truck on Monday, driving the 6.5 hours EACH way to exchange this with a new TKX, and driving the new one home myself..

Again, Am I being too picky here??

DSCF0837.JPG
DSCF0836.JPG

Last edited:

biker

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Dec 7, 2014
Canada
Absolutely the right thing to do man. You pay enough for these things, you deserve one that wasn't kicked all the way to your house. I lucked out, my tko was shipped from Tennesse to northern Canadia, back to Tennessee for warranty work the following year, then back to my house. One ding on the box which I hemmed and hawed over, but upright and intact.

Last edited:

351maverick

full time Ebay seller/hustler/car killer
Aug 11, 2010
erie, PA
it's BS that Tremec let that leave their facility like that - it should have been in a crate or 5X wall cardboard & fit snug in the box so it couldn't move at all

shipping department fail

Bentley

Veteran Member
Aug 14, 2020
it's BS that Tremec let that leave their facility like that - it should have been in a crate or 5X wall cardboard & fit snug in the box so it couldn't move at all

shipping department fail

While it was obviously mishandled by UPS, I have to think that UPS would have declined the claim due to inadequate packaging..
I purchased this through Summit, closest dealer to me, as I was originally going to will call it to prevent this from possibly happening.. I have the return approved and a new transmission being held for me at the McDonough, GA facility..

Appreciate everyone looking at this post and replying.....