Pics of rear brake lines

1934chevycoupe

Veteran Member
Mar 12, 2013
Harleysville, Pa
Can someone take some pics of your rear stock brake lines? and the mounts welded to the diff housing and the ditribution blocks to both sides. I got rid of my 10", and don't remember what there was. I know the front to rear ends behind the back seat hump for the rear, and transitions to a rubber line to the rear. Thanks

1934chevycoupe

Veteran Member
Mar 12, 2013
Harleysville, Pa
There are variations by year and suspension package, so more detail about your car would help.
good thinking. '70 small block w/ front disc, rear drum. since i converted to a ford 9" rear w/ disc, there are no brackets to hold the lines. at this point, i know the stock front to rear line ends w/ a male 7/16-24 fitting, transitioning to a rubber line that has a 2 - 3/8-24 block, and then out to the wheel cylinders. i know i need to weld tabs onto the housing out near the ends to transition from hard line to flex lines out to the calipers. all my flex lines are the stock size 3/8-24.

i'm wondering if there was a bracket welded to the rear near the center that was for the 2 line block to bolt to, and while the line ends screwed into the wheel cylinders, were there any other brackets on the rear. thanks

DougD

Veteran Member
Dec 2, 2014
Bradenton, FL
without looking, i can probably fab a bracket to come off the 9" center section stud to mount the junction block

Quite honestly, the use of that bracket often goes by the wayside when the cover is removed for whatever reason. Many aftermarket ones aren't even equipped with the notch. Soft hose just ends up hanging from the body.

erials

Apr 9, 2019
I’m having a hard time locating the correct retaining bolt for that bracket on my 74 Z.

Some knucklehead mangled the head of mine at some point before I got the car and I’d like to replace it. Anyone know if it’s being reproduced now?

MChamp

Veteran Member
Jun 6, 2021
north carolina
Can someone take some pics of your rear stock brake lines? and the mounts welded to the diff housing and the ditribution blocks to both sides. I got rid of my 10", and don't remember what there was. I know the front to rear ends behind the back seat hump for the rear, and transitions to a rubber line to the rear. Thanks
agreed they change, but you could start here.
https://www.inlinetube.com/products...LcMr_Yza2lRDHCS-9OPOEU-0jTjELddMaAnCzEALw_wcB

https://www.ss396.com/camaro/FHB-14...4voHHPHnIGgF7-6iINN9886UqFuZb07gaAlf7EALw_wcB

Last edited:

ronzz572

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Feb 8, 2007
imperial pa
Here is a picture of my 1970 L78 brake hose installed and what the bracket looks like. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210904-185929_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210904-185929_Gallery.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 60
  • 20200404_161420.jpg
    20200404_161420.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 56