Please recommend a brake line vendor. Inline Tube wants me to "tweak" a line that is too short

mallard

Veteran Member
Oct 3, 2013
SK, Canada
I can understand why. Average people are just professional crooks these days. My kids see it in the fast food business all the time people trying to get refunds and free foods. As a company like inline tube, they know what they make and how it’s made…someone calls in and says it doesn’t fit….based on their business experience, many times not actually the cost. They rather lose the business from this small percentage than waste the money with back and forth BS.
IMHO, in this particular case, the OP is hardly been a "crook". If the part doesn't fit, it doesn't fit and for most of us, steel line is damn hard to bend without wrecking it.

badazz81z28

Veteran Member
May 4, 2001
Alabama
IMHO, in this particular case, the OP is hardly been a "crook". If the part doesn't fit, it doesn't fit and for most of us, steel line is damn hard to bend without wrecking it.

That's not what I'm saying...what I'm saying is look at it from their point of view. That's why some of these companies act the way they do.

Smokin'Joe

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Aug 14, 2008
Texas
There are definitely a lot of people who try to scam the system on a lot of things, but I doubt too many are trying to return a product if it fits as it should.

Here are a few pictures sent to Inline Tube regarding my daughters 2003 Ford Ranger, extended cab V6 with ABS. The main line was 15" too short, so pretty obvious it was meant for a standard cab, the drivers side rear axle line was about 4" too long and the front lines at the ABS were not even close to the right bends and had male connectors instead of female connectors. I still don't know if Inline had a mistake in their catalog or if they shipped me the wrong part, but they didn't seem to care either way. I am sure of one thing though. If they were in the same quality customer service mode they were in when I did my javelin, they'd have a lot more happy customers. I even asked if I could send them the original lines as I did with my Javelin, but they said no, they won't do that anymore.

rear intermediate 3.jpg
rear line laid out.jpg
Drivers Rear.jpg
master cylinder lines.jpg
abs junction.jpg

mallard

Veteran Member
Oct 3, 2013
SK, Canada
There are definitely a lot of people who try to scam the system on a lot of things, but I doubt too many are trying to return a product if it fits as it should.

Here are a few pictures sent to Inline Tube regarding my daughters 2003 Ford Ranger, extended cab V6 with ABS. The main line was 15" too short, so pretty obvious it was meant for a standard cab, the drivers side rear axle line was about 4" too long and the front lines at the ABS were not even close to the right bends and had male connectors instead of female connectors. I still don't know if Inline had a mistake in their catalog or if they shipped me the wrong part, but they didn't seem to care either way. I am sure of one thing though. If they were in the same quality customer service mode they were in when I did my javelin, they'd have a lot more happy customers. I even asked if I could send them the original lines as I did with my Javelin, but they said no, they won't do that anymore.

View attachment 128564 View attachment 128565 View attachment 128566 View attachment 128567 View attachment 128568
Thanks for posting that. Now know who NOT to do business with.

chuck13

Jan 30, 2016
louisiana
Huh.I've had pretty good luck with Inline Tube.Used their transmission cooler lines on several projects with no problems.I can't recall where I got the brake lines for my Camaro but they fit pretty good.I KNOW the rear lines on the diff housing were Right Stuff.I suppose it's just a sign of the times.Customer service has gone to sh!t.Try dealing with ATT lately?

Latest posts