Please recommend a brake line vendor. Inline Tube wants me to "tweak" a line that is too short

Discussion in 'Suspension, Steering, Brake & Wheel Topics' started by Gary Wood, Oct 18, 2021.

1. mallard

mallard Veteran Member

IMHO, in this particular case, the OP is hardly been a "crook". If the part doesn't fit, it doesn't fit and for most of us, steel line is damn hard to bend without wrecking it.

2. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

That's not what I'm saying...what I'm saying is look at it from their point of view. That's why some of these companies act the way they do.

3. mallard

mallard Veteran Member

That may be but poor customer service will put you out of business pretty quickly.

4. Smokin'Joe

Smokin'Joe Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

There are definitely a lot of people who try to scam the system on a lot of things, but I doubt too many are trying to return a product if it fits as it should.

Here are a few pictures sent to Inline Tube regarding my daughters 2003 Ford Ranger, extended cab V6 with ABS. The main line was 15" too short, so pretty obvious it was meant for a standard cab, the drivers side rear axle line was about 4" too long and the front lines at the ABS were not even close to the right bends and had male connectors instead of female connectors. I still don't know if Inline had a mistake in their catalog or if they shipped me the wrong part, but they didn't seem to care either way. I am sure of one thing though. If they were in the same quality customer service mode they were in when I did my javelin, they'd have a lot more happy customers. I even asked if I could send them the original lines as I did with my Javelin, but they said no, they won't do that anymore.

rear intermediate 3.jpg rear line laid out.jpg Drivers Rear.jpg master cylinder lines.jpg abs junction.jpg

5. badazz81z28

Not the big places. There are also some poor ones that people do keep going back.

6. mallard

mallard Veteran Member

Thanks for posting that. Now know who NOT to do business with.

cadillac_al likes this.
  7. badazz81z28

For some things. In-line tube sells many products you can’t get from anyone else.

8. wiseryder

wiseryder Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Lib's ??

9. chuck13

chuck13 Member

Huh.I've had pretty good luck with Inline Tube.Used their transmission cooler lines on several projects with no problems.I can't recall where I got the brake lines for my Camaro but they fit pretty good.I KNOW the rear lines on the diff housing were Right Stuff.I suppose it's just a sign of the times.Customer service has gone to sh!t.Try dealing with ATT lately?

10. DougD

DougD Veteran Member

I dropped my use of them this year as well over a customer service/lied about shipping issue.