Poopy day for my parents

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by gramps, Nov 22, 2021.

1. gramps

gramps Veteran Member

Mom tells me they were woken up this morning by a loud noise.....didnt know what it was nothing was on fire so back to bed they went until daylight. Once they went outside everything was splattered in blue goo. Seems as though an airplane dumped its load overhead and splattered the hell out of the house and their rv.
    Apparently the ministry of the environment is coming to investigate the incident. (They Live in Canada)
    And the cleaning company they talked to won’t touch it until after the ministry findings are toxic or not.
    I didn’t think it was legal to dump the dump while in flight thankfully nobody was outside when it happened so there was no injuries.

5ABC3105-68B8-43B3-9FA9-548595E7D230.jpeg F52C76AC-8B75-4C4B-AD51-CF4D101A7150.jpeg 4CE45F1A-3158-4F20-BB26-301C5ECBF36D.jpeg 476BFBC7-6F8B-468B-BBE0-B9D9007A446D.jpeg 8F40FE4E-6478-4162-A42F-EF8AE435F72C.jpeg 34EA4BFE-82AE-4A01-A62D-BD4742DC3656.jpeg

2. biker

biker Veteran Member

Ya, I think there is an altitude requirement for it to be dumped and it can't be over residential. Also, i think this time of year creates problems because of freezing.
    In any event, it is entirely wrong and despite insurance, somebody should be taking care of them for this.

gramps likes this.
  3. arrg

arrg New Member

Airliners can't dump their lavatories in flight. There are no controls on board for the crew to do it. They do have a port on the exterior of the aircraft for servicing the lavatory and that does sometimes leak. The contents shouldn't be any different than what you'd find in a porta-john.

4. gramps

gramps Veteran Member

Im not sure about that I don’t know enough about airplanes to tell ya. What I can say though is this is more than just a “leak” clearly and despite the contents being the same as that if a porta John, I think you’d be hard pressed to find anybody that would like a porta John dumped all over their house and cars.

5. Twisted_Metal

Twisted_Metal Administrator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Looks like the remains of a Smurf in a microwave. :eek:

6. Jimmac

Jimmac Veteran Member

probably a leaky valve and as the plane Flys above 30k feet it froze and clumped on the fuselage. after it got big enough, it broke away from. the plane and came down like a broke snow ball. luckily it didn't come down as a bigger side mass. or maybe it did and you just didn't find where the main ball hit. jim

7. wnmech

wnmech Veteran Member

I agree with arrg commercial airliners cannot dump their lavs in flight. Years ago some of the older aircraft had issues with the dump chute doors not sealing properly and upon arrival had big chunks of blue water ice caked around the lav servicing doors. With the newer vacuum operated lavs the blue ice problem is rare. My guess is that it was probably a business jet that caused the blue ice at your folks house.

8. biker

biker Veteran Member

Humm... according to the mighty google, you guys are correct. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_ice_(aviation)
    I'm guessing I was fed false info from the crew I flew to work with for a couple years. Not on purpose, just the usual conjecture that develops from a bunch of guys that have no idea what we are talking about! Long flights, I think we covered every single airplane related topic you can think of.

9. carr911

carr911 Veteran Member

[​IMG]

chevyJeff1 and BillyDean7173 like this.
  10. Zstar

Zstar Veteran Member

Is it possible this was launched from something on the ground?

chevyJeff1 likes this.