Position of the carpet guard.

Discussion in '1970 - 1973 Specific' started by john Gialanella, Oct 11, 2021.

1. john Gialanella

john Gialanella Veteran Member

Dave.
    I take it back, the color is very nice. I did say That 70Camaro's car showing Autumn gold was probably very old and faded. I have to add that color to my Favorites. Dave can I have your Camaro. I like that it is a 4 speed. Dave BB GM coil springs for Camaro's were not that great. When I bought my 1970 L-78 in December 1988 it was sagging in the front. The coils were EJ code which were only 300 PSI which is stupid for 396 Camaro's.
    John.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2021
  2. 70-camaro

70-camaro Veteran Member

Yes my car was very faded when I got it. Dave's car is very nice looking polished.

3. Dave Nelson

Dave Nelson Veteran Member

John, the coil springs were changed over 15 years ago, I know they were Moog but forget the part #, maybe I can find the receipt.

4. john Gialanella

john Gialanella Veteran Member

My opinion is if it is a BB 1970 Camaro with most options you would need a coil spring with 400 PSI for good handling and to last long. The Camaro suspension sheet in the booklet I have shows The 396 has about 5 choices 1 is 300 PSI code EJ which is the same code for the Z-28 with the lighter engine. The other 4 are 330 PSI with slightly larger coil diameters. My L-78 that I sold to chuckSharin had the EJ code and that is why the front was sagging when I bought it. I put in Godzilla front springs from Dick Guidstrand, but they were to much, so I bought 400 PSI coil springs and everything was good.
    John.