(Possible) Q&A with GM Execs

COPO

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Sep 15, 1999
Ontario, Canada
I also will never know how the heck xenon headlights were approved. On a one way street their great but with on coming traffic, its a blinder. Ever try to make a L hand turn when traffic with xenon headlights are going the opposite direction? You can’t see sh!t. On a 2 lane dark road with no streetlights, they all look like they have their high beams on when driving towards them.

M1 Master Gunner

Veteran Member
Feb 13, 2020
Laurens, Iowa
Our 2017 and 17 GM vehicles do have the headlights come on when raining. Indicator on the speedometer lights up too. Got caught in a heavy rainstorm in our '17 Terrain on the interstate just after we got it, couldn't see 10 feet ahead. Couldn't figure out how to turn on the headlights, or the 4 way flashers. Just about panic mode there. Soon as I got home I educated myself and the wife on this and I found out that the full headlights do come on with the wipers. And real surprised that the flashers were not on the steering column - like every other car ever built.
Well crap. We have a 2018 Buick Enclave Avenir and 2021 GMC AT4 pickup and I didn’t realize that they probably have that option already. Perhaps I should read my owner’s manuals!

Latest posts