Post a *PIC* of your latest purchase...

mrfleet12

Veteran Member
Aug 8, 2014
West of Chicago IL
Waiting on the center section to show up, 3.70 gears going in it. Quick Performance fabricated 9 inch.
PXL_20220131_211945230.jpg

PXL_20220131_211953283.jpg

PXL_20220124_212841401.jpg

FreedomPenguin

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Dayton, Ohio
I kind of got annoyed never knowing exactly what oil I have and dont have because they was always up in my cabinets, ordering wrong amounts etc. I decided to do something about it. I found a little shelf on amazon for 40 or so. Fit my corner of garage perfectly. 16.6 inches width, 11.6 inches length. and just got done putting it all together. Seems quite sturdy. Putting heaviest stuff on bottom of course as an anchor, I may put a little hook into the drywall mid way up to help keep it planted against wall. Would hate earthquake (an extreme) or something shaking it over and falling on a vehicle.

Very happy with this little shelf though. Looks good enough too. you can adjust any of the shelves to whatever height you want, took me a minute to get them fine tuned for my use.

Attachments

• IMG_5244 Large.jpeg
    IMG_5244 Large.jpeg
    56.2 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_5243 Large.jpeg
    IMG_5243 Large.jpeg
    48.5 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_5242 Large.jpeg
    IMG_5242 Large.jpeg
    46.3 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_5241 Large.jpeg
    IMG_5241 Large.jpeg
    48.1 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_5240 Large.jpeg
    IMG_5240 Large.jpeg
    40.1 KB · Views: 75

hullj21

Lifetime Gold Member
Feb 12, 2012
Brownsburg, In
Decided to upgrade welding helmets, my new Miller Infinity clearview helmet on the left beside my 20 year old Miller elite. Really hoping the clearview will help me be able to see the work piece better.

View attachment 133765
How do you like the new helmet? I have both of those also. One for mig and one for tig welding, I don’t think I like the new one as much as my older one. I hate the new suspension system. And taking it apart to replace batteries (and it dose eat the batteries) it’s a bit nerve racking, feel like I’m going to break it every time..
I was just wondering if it’s just me..

BLUE72CAMARO

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Mar 15, 2004
Bunker Hill, IL
How do you like the new helmet? I have both of those also. One for mig and one for tig welding, I don’t think I like the new one as much as my older one. I hate the new suspension system. And taking it apart to replace batteries (and it dose eat the batteries) it’s a bit nerve racking, feel like I’m going to break it every time..
I was just wondering if it’s just me..
So far I really like it, I do mostly mig welding and spent a considerable amount of time welding Saturday. I ran around 36' of bead on a goose pit I am building for our property. So far I havent had to change batteries so time will tell on that one. The head gear I am up in the air on, it is a bit finicky to get set where it stays on well but I think I have it adjusted now and it worked good for me Saturday. It is kind of adjustment overload but I do like the fact that it has a detent to hold the hood all the way open and a solid stop in the lowered position. My old hood had neither and would slowly bounce down while walking with it on and sometimes end up going to far down until the hood hit my chest when i give it the nod to lower it. I absolutely like the clearview lense compared to the old school one way better visibility of the work while welding. All in all I glad I pulled the trigger on it. Now I'm trying to talk myself out of upgrading welders. My old millermatic 175 took a beating on Saturday, I think it stopped me 9 times so it could cool down to run all the welds...

muscl car

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Jul 8, 2001
Gallatin Tennessee

mrfleet12

Veteran Member
Aug 8, 2014
West of Chicago IL
You're going to really like that Ford 9" , the same place built my Ford 9"

Are those big bearing ends and 35 spline axles with 7/16" wheel studs ???

Did you get the billet pinion support and yoke and are you running a Detroit locket or spool
Went with base 1/2" studs, 31 spline Eaton and std carrier. Upgraded the housing to their fabed version to reduce weight a bit.
This is basically a street car that will see a lot of driving, we have several nice country roads in this area to cruise. The last Camaro I built had just under 10k miles in two and a half seasons.

Latest posts