Veteran Member
Aug 6, 2003
now in VA

mrfleet12

Veteran Member
Aug 8, 2014
West of Chicago IL
Mr fleet and muscl car,
What bearing ends did you select (and why)? How long to receive from placing order ? Are those wide leaf spring perches? Looking at ordering very similar 9” from same place.
Thanks in advance for any insight.
Mine are the big Ford new bearing style, it was part of the package.. Perches are std multi leaf for an F Body spring. Received everything in about a month.. They ship in stages..
Couple things I thought were a bit petty on their part, U joint retaining hardware and the copper washers for the center section aren't included and would be an extra cost. Found that out after delivery, bought them locally. Kinda figured these things would be included.

BLUE72CAMARO

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Mar 15, 2004
Bunker Hill, IL
Not so much a purchase but a project.
Started out life many years ago as a water tank around a farm for hauling water to livestock and will live the rest of its life as a goose pit completely under ground except for the top of the boxes I added. We (my dad and I) bought it for $100 bucks just before xmas. My dad wire wheeled it inside and out and cut the holes out (with a sawzall to my dismay) while I was on a 7 day a week work schedule for several weeks after xmas. Then we hauled it up to my shop a couple weeks ago.

I had just finished cutting out the old water valve and welding in a patch on the one end. I also added a 2" weld in bung to the bottom to attach a drain line to trench in to the near by pond.
20220125_183640.jpg

My shop QC dept telling me unless he gets a treat I can pack my crap and leave with welds that look like that.
20220125_185723.jpg

Bottom painted with por15 and flipped it right side up and starting to work on boxing in the top
20220211_203457.jpg

All done and welded up and painted with por15 outside and the inside with bench and shelf
20220220_183806.jpg

20220220_183849.jpg

BLUE72CAMARO

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Mar 15, 2004
Bunker Hill, IL
Forgive me for asking, what is a goose pit? I assumes it’s a place to sit while goose hunting.
Exactly right, so once it is in place the 3 square opening will stick up above ground level a couple inches and have lids that hinge on the pipes that you can see welded in the corners of the openings making it look like flat ground essentially from the air. Birds come in you swing lid open and stand up to shoot.

Obviously not my pit but this pic should help.
jim-6523-w500-o.jpg

Green hornet

Veteran Member
Oct 11, 2015
North Bay, CA
Exactly right, so once it is in place the 3 square opening will stick up above ground level a couple inches and have lids that hinge on the pipes that you can see welded in the corners of the openings making it look like flat ground essentially from the air. Birds come in you swing lid open and stand up to shoot.

Obviously not my pit but this pic should help.
jim-6523-w500-o.jpg
Great description. That is what I thought it was , neat idea.