124.7 KB · Views: 54
  • E29C3330-80A4-4DFB-8520-A15AEF8DF5BB.jpeg
    E29C3330-80A4-4DFB-8520-A15AEF8DF5BB.jpeg
    177.3 KB · Views: 51

Bandit723

Veteran Member
Oct 1, 2016
Waupaca WI
Is that a clip on inductor you clamp to the cable running the pump?
Is there an output on the display unit to trigger a relay turning the LED on/off?
Yes this is a clip on conductor. Supposedly it is capable of putting out 20ma at full load - so i am hoping it will light up the led directly.
The display unit does not have a relay but there are units out on the market that do - so if plan A fails i will be looking for one.

Zstar

Veteran Member
Mar 23, 2014
Ocala, Florida
WNMECH note of caution: I recommend relocating the fire extinguisher away from the engine, unless it is a dedicated, remotely activated, engine extinguisher. With an engine fire, you can get seriously burned reaching for that extinguisher.

73Z L92

Veteran Member
Jan 25, 2011
Carlos, MN
The plan is to rent a brush cutter to take down the tall grass. It used to be a farm field many years ago (like 30) so its fairly level but I don't want to use our zero turn. Then rent a tractor with a rear mount tiller to break ground.
I have a old drag section to level everything out for planting.
I spoke at length with the Yamaha dealer about the Kodiak and my plans. He said do most of the work in low range. Let the engine control system take care of the engine cooling. It will be fine.
We plan to do small planting sections after the main grass mowing and tilling.
Should be fun. The local deer are all ears. DSCF0403 deer.JPG
DSCF0402 deer.JPG
DSCF0403 deer.JPG

Bandit723

Veteran Member
Oct 1, 2016
Waupaca WI
Yes this is a clip on conductor. Supposedly it is capable of putting out 20ma at full load - so i am hoping it will light up the led directly.
The display unit does not have a relay but there are units out on the market that do - so if plan A fails i will be looking for one.
Well Had success. 36 feet of wire from the CT to the LED and it light up. More than enough distance for my needs. Used my treadmill for the test.

20220319_074027_resized.jpg

BLUE72CAMARO

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Mar 15, 2004
Bunker Hill, IL
The plan is to rent a brush cutter to take down the tall grass. It used to be a farm field many years ago (like 30) so its fairly level but I don't want to use our zero turn. Then rent a tractor with a rear mount tiller to break ground.
I have a old drag section to level everything out for planting.
I spoke at length with the Yamaha dealer about the Kodiak and my plans. He said do most of the work in low range. Let the engine control system take care of the engine cooling. It will be fine.
We plan to do small planting sections after the main grass mowing and tilling.
Should be fun. The local deer are all ears.
Nice looking younger 8 pointer. Sounds like you are on the right path and understand its limitations. I have a few coworkers that have done similar but they thought their ATV could do anything a tractor of equal horsepower could. They quickly understood why I shook my head when they said I was using a 35hp tractor to do food plots and their ATV's had way more power than that so must be superior in every way. One burned a motor up and the other went thru belts like crazy before realizing why tractors exist.

Last edited:

wnmech

Veteran Member
Jul 20, 2014
grand prairie tx.
WNMECH note of caution: I recommend relocating the fire extinguisher away from the engine, unless it is a dedicated, remotely activated, engine extinguisher. With an engine fire, you can get seriously burned reaching for that extinguisher.
Thanks for the caution on the fire extinguisher. The boat has a dedicated fire extinguisher in the engine compartment and another fire extinguisher mounted next to the left seat.

cali cruzer

Veteran Member
Mar 24, 2002
Henderson/Las Vegas, NV
I've been spending more time with bicycles. Especially now with gas here over $5 a gal.

I've bought and flipped a couple and I just picked up another vintage 10 speed.
Calling a 1980 bike vintage makes me feel old but, here is my 1980 Raleigh Grand Prix.
I plan on keeping this one for street riding. Since I'm transferring to a nearer store, 4.5 miles away, I may even commute to work a time or two when the weather is cool enough.

thumbnail (9).jpg

thumbnail (10).jpg

Latest posts