Post a *PIC* of your latest purchase...

muscl car

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Jul 8, 2001
Gallatin Tennessee
I bought 2 of these 850 HP bodies for $63 each last night, but this morning I was going to tell you guys here about them as Holey had a bunch on sale and I got mine on Amazon (no shipping) and now these are $160 WTF?? wonder if someone caught on to this price and changed it. Oh well I have two on the way this week.

View attachment 146606

Nice score !!!

Holley XP main body???

1980RS

Veteran Member
Jun 17, 2006
MN
Nice score !!!

Holley XP main body???
I am not sure if they are the XP main bodies (that would be cool) more like the older HP version. Either way I can take my 2 4781's no one wants and make HP carbs out of them. Sounds like these main bodies comes with all the gaskets also.

Z28Newfie

Veteran Member
Mar 28, 2021
Kemptville, Ont
Got this for $1.00 at the Kemptville swap meet this past weekend.
42F5CC2D-93F2-4929-95C9-AC5EBB9F3F6C.jpeg

G72Zed

Veteran Member
Sep 8, 2015
Canada
I am not sure if they are the XP main bodies (that would be cool) more like the older HP version. Either way I can take my 2 4781's no one wants and make HP carbs out of them. Sounds like these main bodies comes with all the gaskets also.

Nope, older HP mold with lower quality casting that some have casting flash/flaking issues, sent them back....could be blems, could be mine LOL.

Take a machinist file to it, watch out for possible casting flash in the booster entries, make sure they are straight as well. They flow more then advertised for the most part.

I'll take those old 4781's that nobody wants off your hands 1980RS LOL.

tom3

Veteran Member
Aug 1, 1999
ohio
Needed a new torque wrench to replace my old beam type. New vehicle lugs torque to 140 ft/lbs and old wrench tops out at 100. Found this on Amazon for reasonable money, not made in China. Real slick wrench, heavy, good length for leverage, ratchet head, easy smooth turning set mechanism, nice solid snap at torque. Still like the beam wrench for some things that don't need that much torque.

I just like new tools too.

new torque wrench.jpg

aviator2007

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Oct 1, 2020
Denver
I saw a post here for a regular email for "barn finds" it looked interesting and joined it. I had no intention of buying anything because I'm not quite done with the Camaro nevermind I don't have room for another car. Well a 1977 Datsun 280z showed up. Complete car but not running but will crank and turn over. Clear and clean title and complete ownership trail and the seller has owned it since 2010 and only wanted what he paid for the car back out of it. The ad title said $800 I thought it was a scam and meant $8000. I inquired and talked and texted all day yesterday with the owner. $800 was the price so I bought it. He and his wife are making a road trip and bringing it to my parents home in OK this weekend for a very reasonable cost. I'm really excited to see it the next time I'm down there. Here are a few pics.

Attachments

• Image (18).jpeg
    Image (18).jpeg
    260.1 KB · Views: 50
  • Image (17).jpeg
    Image (17).jpeg
    257.3 KB · Views: 49
  • Image (16).jpeg
    Image (16).jpeg
    225.1 KB · Views: 52
  • Image (15).jpeg
    Image (15).jpeg