Post up your "big wheeled" cars...AKA...17's or larger AND ADD YOUR BACKSPACING INFO!!!!!

Discussion in 'Suspension, Steering, Brake & Wheel Topics' started by CarNDrvr, Mar 9, 2009.

1. dcozzi

dcozzi Veteran Member

How did you get the fronts to fit? My fitment tool shows them rubbing the rear the inner fender and also hitting the frame and sway bar.

2. 81Z28LS

81Z28LS New Member

A member out here posted somewhere that the PTFB guy said 18 x 9.5s with 5.25 BS will fit the front and long as you run the PTFB sway bar and 275/35/18 tires. I plan on running 18 x 9.5s and I hope they work.

3. unrestored72Z

unrestored72Z Veteran Member

Flamo, what are you running in the front?
    Any spring or body mods?

4. branbell

branbell Veteran Member

Hey do you have any more pics of the rear rims and the lip you got with those rims?

Also, what suspension and brake set up are you running?

TIA!

5. Chase1981

Chase1981 New Member

17x8 Fronts 225/45R17
    18x10.5 Rear 305/40R18 MT drag radial. No, these do not fit a stock car.

Attached Files:

6. branbell

branbell Veteran Member

Looks good!

What have you done to fit those on the rear? Rolled fenders, beat the hump, etc?

7. Chase1981

Chase1981 New Member

There’s no way to fit them in the stock wheel well while driving.

My stock wells have been modified, I have spacers, and caltracs on the springs preventing any extra suspension travel. It will be mini tubbed eventually when I re do some body work soon enough.

edit; yes the fender lips have been majorly rolled. I added pictures as to how big these tires really are. This was before my brake upgrade / caltracs, when I just started trying to fit them. The old tires they are next
    to are my 275/40R17 I had on prior.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 1, 2020
  8. Buckettman

Buckettman New Member

Hey Guys, I’m a noob here. I have a bone stock 1975 camaro. I recently purchased 18x8s for the front and 18x10s for the back. Rather than sifting through the decades of info in just gonna ask, What tire sizes do y’all recommend I go with without having to make any modifications to body or suspension. I’m working on a budget here. Thank you for your replies and feel free to post pictures as well.

9. giggity

giggity Veteran Member

lots of variables, depends on your backspacing, height, shocks and what kind of tires. Ive read a 295/40/18 will fit on your 10 inch rim, depending on backspace, and you would have to beat in the seatbelt hump.

10. Buckettman

Buckettman New Member

The rims are American racing VN510s. The 10 inch has a backspacing of 5.5 and the 8 inch has a backspacing of 4.5. As for tires, I have no idea what I want, I was hoping y’all could generate some ideas for me. I just want it to fit, not rub, and look good. Not gonna be racing. I was a motorcycle enthusiast and restored several, this is my first car and I’m a typical noob.