Powerful stuff. Real powerful...

dirtmod08

Veteran Member
Jan 17, 2007
Central Illinois
I need to send some videos of people ejected from cars to my wife. I have to ride her ass about hooking into the seat when she rides with me. Roll, bust a window, and get flung like a ragdoll - maybe get crushed.
It's not the way we grew up, but still.

Chevrolaine

Veteran Member
dirtmod08 said:
I need to send some videos of people ejected from cars to my wife. I have to ride her ass about hooking into the seat when she rides with me. Roll, bust a window, and get flung like a ragdoll - maybe get crushed.
It's not the way we grew up, but still.

I have our kids to thank for making us buckle up regularly. Once they learned it in school at a young age they always nagged at us until we did it EVERY time we got in the car. Still do actually if we don't do it right away.:happy:

manifoldsrme

Veteran Member
Aug 2, 2003
Marshalltown, IA
My aunt was killed in a head on car accident when I was 18. When my dad went to look at the car in impound I asked if I could go. "Sure, it may be good for you". I have never regretted going, but I don't know if I would have said the same thing to my child. It was brutal for sure.

Da-bigguy

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Jan 19, 2010
Cypress, TX
The second one, the PSA about texting while driving from the UK, I first saw about four years ago. That one hit me very hard because of the scene where they are checking the toddler in the car that is totally nonresponsive with eyes wide open. That toddler has the exact same colour of eyes as my youngest and she was about that size at the time. That sent chills down my spine and I vowed never to look at a text again while moving in a car. If stopped at a light, I may check a message but that is the only time and as soon as traffic starts to move, I drop the phone.