Powertrain/ ??? vibration

berg2695

Veteran Member
Nov 13, 2011
You're wrong also
Wow. Someone is quite sure of himself, isn't he? This is the backside of a steel 5-spoke wheel. Please explain how it could be "hub-centric" on a brake drum (or rotor).
20220630_173217.jpg

Glava

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Mar 23, 1999
Central NY
Well he's wrong. Any stock wheel on a Camaro is HUB Centric. If when you put the wheel on the car, and you have to center it to even go over the brake drum or rotor hub center.. and it fits tightly like our wheels do....guess what.. .that's called Hub Centric. .
Your wheel or wheels are bent or twisted somewhere else, and he couldn't find it or show it to you so that's what he told you
I believe you may be wrong if you look at the rims. They are lug centric not hub centric, so the lugs locate them not the hub.

Glava

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Mar 23, 1999
Central NY
Excellent. How did you paint them?. I have one on my car that's a bit bent I'm afraid
I actually just ordered an on line rattle can kit. Has primer, base coat and clear coat. They came out better than the original paint job from the factory, which had very light paint coverage on the sides of several spokes.

Attachments

• 6BF07E62-1475-4888-BF0C-0F2EDB74C381.jpeg
    6BF07E62-1475-4888-BF0C-0F2EDB74C381.jpeg
    323.9 KB · Views: 19
  • 6923052D-9851-4B14-B585-D53CA5782834.jpeg
    6923052D-9851-4B14-B585-D53CA5782834.jpeg
    314 KB · Views: 18

kenny77

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Jul 31, 2001
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
I believe you may be wrong if you look at the rims. They are lug centric not hub centric, so the lugs locate them not the hub.
Yeah you're right about that....I was wrong. But now I'm really thinking what a bad design our wheels really are. Especially with the 18 YO kid in the tire shop with the air impact gun on those lug holes.

Last edited:

kenny77

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Jul 31, 2001
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
I actually just ordered an on line rattle can kit. Has primer, base coat and clear coat. They came out better than the original paint job from the factory, which had very light paint coverage on the sides of several spokes.
So, did you just re-mount your same tires onto the new wheels after you re-painted them? I love the look of those $$$$$$ expensive tires. Damn.
And, how did you prep the surface of the wheels before painting them?

I'm asking because I have one wheel I need to replace and it's going to need to painted my GM #11 white. I'm also kinda wondering if it would be better to just replace all 4 wheels for a good match. I think the wheels are like $1000. for 4 and then re-use your trim rings and caps? Not really cheap but not too terrible

Last edited:

Glava

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Mar 23, 1999
Central NY
So, did you just re-mount your same tires onto the new wheels after you re-painted them? I love the look of those $$$$$$ expensive tires. Damn.
And, how did you prep the surface of the wheels before painting them?

I'm asking because I have one wheel I need to replace and it's going to need to painted my GM #11 white. I'm also kinda wondering if it would be better to just replace all 4 wheels for a good match. I think the wheels are like $1000. for 4 and then re-use your trim rings and caps? Not really cheap but not too terrible
That’s what I did just started fresh with 4 new OER rims Jess had them with free shipping, and a small discount offer, so delivered the we’re about $1100.00. They come painted like the 70-74 Z/28, so I just did a light scuff up, wiped them with acetone and did the light primer, then base an then clear. Luckily the tires I switched over are only about 4 years old and have about 800 miles on them

Latest posts