Prices are Going Up!

badazz81z28

Veteran Member
May 4, 2001
Alabama
Had some 70-73 parts I bought from Summit just last month looking to send back as I don't need them. Looked them up and they have gone up! One part is only a few bucks, but the other was up $18! I will not be sending them back...If you got stuff you need, I would jump on it quick!

Gary S

Administrator
Lifetime Gold Member
Apr 14, 1999
Bismarck, North Dakota
That is a normal way of life. Prices go up. Wages go up. Money becomes worth less every day.

A recent discussion here about garages brought that up. One member priced having a garage built and found it would cost $100 a square foot. I built a garage in 2004 that is 1152 square feet. At $100 a sq ft, that would be $115,000. Back in 2004, it cost me around $10,000.

But, look at what everything cost years ago and everything went up.
My 70SS Camaro cost me $3,571 new in 1970. Cars today cost many times that amount and aren't nearly as reliable as my old Camaro that cost almost nothing to keep running for 50 years.

badazz81z28

Veteran Member
May 4, 2001
Alabama
That is a normal way of life. Prices go up. Wages go up. Money becomes worth less every day.

A recent discussion here about garages brought that up. One member priced having a garage built and found it would cost $100 a square foot. I built a garage in 2004 that is 1152 square feet. At $100 a sq ft, that would be $115,000. Back in 2004, it cost me around $10,000.

But, look at what everything cost years ago and everything went up.
My 70SS Camaro cost me $3,571 new in 1970. Cars today cost many times that amount and aren't nearly as reliable as my old Camaro that cost almost nothing to keep running for 50 years.

Very true, however at Summit I just bought these parts and one part for $479 in the beginning of Feb, it’s now $600 and it was barely a month ago. That kind of inflation just ain’t normal.

aviator2007

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Oct 1, 2020
Denver
I’m so glad I started my project about 18 months ago. I’ve kept track of every dollar spent, and it can be sobering to look at, but the wife encouraged me to just buy it now. She trusted that I was buying what is needed to do it right and not as a “anything goes” spending spree. There is no telling how much I saved by having a “parts store” in the basement lol!

tom3

Veteran Member
Aug 1, 1999
ohio
Went to McDs last week, two fish and a Big Mac - just under $15. Taco Bell, nacho salad and three std. tacos for $13. How do people with families eat out these days I wonder?

Jimmac

Veteran Member
Dec 24, 2013
tucson az
seems the fast food service, lack of correct orders and prices. really no reason to go out. when we want a burger, I'll buy 2 or 3 pounds of lean ground beef and smoke a bunch of burgers at home for less than going out. jim

tom3

Veteran Member
Aug 1, 1999
ohio
Looking to change the oil in our Tahoe, 8 quarts of dexos stuff and an oil filter. Mobil 1 and filter cost me about 80 bucks now with tax. Pretty much same price at dealer these days. Liquid gold there.

Latest posts