Pro-Touring F-Body Cowl Brace

Discussion in 'Suspension, Steering, Brake & Wheel Topics' started by 3_z28camaro, Jul 18, 2009.

1. 3_z28camaro

3_z28camaro Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I have finally decided to add subframe connectors now that my car is running again. I was going to purchase the three piece stop flex kit from PTFB but I was curious if anyone have any experience with the cowl brace and if it worth the extra money?

http://www.pro-touringf-body.com/chassis_components.html

Thanks!

2. 79T/Aman

79T/Aman Veteran Member NastyZ28 Sponsor NastyZ28 Sponsor Lifetime Gold Member

the cowl brace is the least effective of all the pieces, but does spread tortional loads, we can substitute it for the sway bar brace, the other thing is that the cowl brace may not clear some Chevy didtributors and/or wiper motor

3. 3_z28camaro

3_z28camaro Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Thanks! I think I will just go with your three piece stop flex kit and that will suit my needs just fine.

4. 79T/Aman

that will work too, thanks

5. spoonLT1355

spoonLT1355 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I would also get the front sway bar brace. I have mine, but did not install it as of yet.

6. 3SLO5

3SLO5 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

mine fit with some little mods if i had a msd distributer it woulda fit lower.
    [​IMG]

7. 79T/Aman

yes on a Chevy it has to go almost all the way back and if you have the early non hide away wiper motor it will not go that far back, and yes an MSD distributor is taller than the HEI, no I have not had a chance to try our new design G-brace to see if it will work with those mentioned items but I now have a local customer with an MSD billit distributor AND the non hide away wiper motor as soon as he gets his new motor in we will try that out