progress report on the 73

Discussion in 'Oklahoma Region' started by victor3ranger, Aug 10, 2009.

1. victor3ranger

victor3ranger Veteran Member

Well, I only took her up the road where I live wich is a rough road, she handled good, ride is not too stiff or too soft.

Right now I have the 600 Eddy carb on it so I think it might be starving it a little. Had a little bit of tire rub on the tail pipe so I had to clearance that (just a little).
    I still don't have a speed-o cable so I have no idea how fast I was running but not too fast since I have 4.56 gears in it. She shifts good and crisp though:p . Can't wait to get everything all lined out and give her a run for the money to see just how good it does.

2. gutted72

gutted72 Veteran Member

Glad to here the roads over there are no better than they are here. 4.56 gears, hope you don't plan on going to far or you will be winding that engine up. Strip or light to light?

3. victor3ranger

I have another rear what has 4.11 gears that I plan on putting in the car.

It is mostly going to be a street car so I don't need the track gears in this car.

I will end up putting the 12 bolt with the 4.56 gears from the 73 under my 70 since it is going to be more of a track car than this one.

4. victor3ranger

Took the car out on a 30 mile round trip run today, everything worked out great. Did findout that I have a small trans fluid leak on the trans lines, I think I got them fixed, at least I hope so.

5. gutted72

gutted72 Veteran Member

I have yet to rebuild a car or truck and NOT have the trans lines leak. So when can we expect to see you out at the car shows???

6. victor3ranger

Hey there Gutted,
    Well, if the Army will stop messing with my weekends I will head to the next one you guys show up at, that is if there isn't any rain possible:crazy:

I don't think I could stand it if I drove her in the rain LOL.

I think I got the leaks fixed. I need to reset the rockers, change the oil and filters again just to make sure. I really hope that by the end of this weekend I will have the console installed.

7. gutted72

gutted72 Veteran Member

Probizjudi is the one that keeps me informed on the car shows and other than the cruise this weekend I don't know of any coming up. The cruise this weekend is about 180 mile round trip for me, which is cool because I love driving the Camaro around.
    The military is always good about messing up the weekends and it doesn't care what you might have planned. Been there done that for 20 years.

8. probizjudi

probizjudi Veteran Member

The shows are winding down for this season. There is one in Adair, I think, sometime in Nov. But Im like Wess, I'd rather be cruisin' than going to car shows, however, when we can't go cruisin', then we hit the car shows.

Next big one will be Starbird's show in Tulsa, about 3rd wk-end in Feb. 2010. Indoors, 3 days, its a blast!

9. victor3ranger

I guess I will just have to wait until spring then.:(

10. gutted72

gutted72 Veteran Member

Kind of depressing isn't it. You get it done and then there isn't anywhere to show it off at. But by the time spring gets here all the little kinks will be worked out of it and all will be good.