progress report on the 73

Discussion in 'Oklahoma Region' started by victor3ranger, Aug 10, 2009.

1. JohnTL1

JohnTL1 Member

2. victor3ranger

victor3ranger Veteran Member

John, that is one sweet clean looking car!!!!!

3. my71bmf

my71bmf Veteran Member

God old cuttin' clear. I tried a few things, but starting with 800 ( 600 on sags, only had two.) then up to 1200, then 1500 worked well for me. A little dish soap in the water helps too. Sanding pads are also your friend.

4. victor3ranger

I admit that it is a lot of work. I will be glad when I finally get it all polished and done.:confused:

5. victor3ranger

Got some of the weather stripping on the doors today and some of the chrome trim.

6. victor3ranger

Well, I was going to work on the car today after I got back from my VA appointment but got a call to come look at some camaro's for sale in a pasture.
    Ended up buying a 71 standard coupe and a 80 Z28 for $400.:whine: Like I need another Camaro sitting in my horse pen.

7. FatnLow

FatnLow Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Your car is looking good man. I sure wish I had someone calling me about a 71 for $400. Lets see some picks of your horse pen!!

8. victor3ranger

Actually it was $400 for both the 71 and the 80 Z:eek:

When I get both those cars too the house I will take pics of the horse pen camaro lot.
    I have both my 73 and 70 in the shop building and the 71 &72 parts cars in the horse pen right now, then when I get the other two I will have 2 71's, a 72 and a 80 Z in the horse pen.
    I wouldnt have got the 80 but the wife wanted it.

9. gutted72

gutted72 Veteran Member

What the heck are you going to do with all those Camaros, yours doesn't need any exterior parts. You going to start your own camaro salvage business ? Good score on the price.

Is your VA any better than the one here in Tulsa? Because the VA doctor I see is a joke.

10. victor3ranger

The VA in OKC seems to be pretty good. that is the only one I have gone to so I have nothing to compare it to, the appointments seem to go pretty fast but having to go to so many different ones in one day is what takes so long.

I don't know what I am going to do with all these things. I hate to see them get crushed, that is what this girl was going to have done with them. The 70 I have in my shop is a good rolling shell, gutted of everything, so a lot of parts will go to that car when I finally start working on it. The 80 Z28 my wife wants me to build for her, so I know what will happen to that one.

The place I am getting these from has SEVERAL more vehicles, two 70's firebirds, a early 70's charger or challenger, 65 or 66 Mustang, two 60's Corvairs, VW Beetle, 80's model full size blazer which looks pretty nice, early 80's model short wide chevy pickup 4x4, datsun 280 or 260Z, some ford Galaxy's, ford trucks, ect, all these are going to go to the crusher if someone dosen't buy them.