progress report on the 73

Discussion in 'Oklahoma Region' started by victor3ranger, Aug 10, 2009.

1. victor3ranger

victor3ranger Veteran Member

LOL, no pressue huh?:whine:

I have to start color sanding again after work today then try to get the thing buffed out. Finish putting on all the weather strips, drivers seat install, tires mounted on wheels and installed on car, ect. Shouldn't take more than a couple hours to do all that ya think:confused: ??

2. gutted72

gutted72 Veteran Member

You can handle the pressure can't you. A couple hours sounds about right, these cars don't have a bunch of weather stripping and there are only 4 tires, so shouldn't be a problem :rolleyes:

3. victor3ranger

I guess you are right, now I just have to figure out how to keep the wife from handing me the honey-do's:rolleyes:

4. gutted72

gutted72 Veteran Member

LOL!! I have one of those too. Seams to always find the most inopertune times to want something done around the house or yard. I think she only comes up with the list when I have something that I want to do, its never when I'm just sittin around.

5. gutted72

gutted72 Veteran Member

victor3ranger - Did we miss you at the perkins car show ? I saw inspector57 and he even brought the family with him this time :p We all got a trophy in our class so it wasn't a bad day after all.

6. victor3ranger

No, :( you didn't miss me, my in-laws showed up out of the blue and choose to stay all weekend:mad: .
    On a good point I was at least able to work on the car (hide in the shop:crazy: ).
    I was able to get the new back wheels and tires on, had to beat the crap out of the rear seatbelt hump so the tires wouldn't rub then I put my new rear shocks on and polish, buffed, polished, and buffed some more.

I really wish I had gotten to meet you guys.

7. INSPECTOR57

INSPECTOR57 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

The Perkins car show was very nice - lots of different makes, years, styles, & conditions. Several nice Harleys as well - old iron, customs, & retro (my neighbor painted that 3/4 midget racer). I only saw one other 2nd Gen besides gutted72's & probizjudi's ('79 or '80 I believe). Some cool old school stuff - how about the twin '66 Hemi Darts?
    Gary
    Perkins_car_show_2009 013.jpg

8. gutted72

gutted72 Veteran Member

Thanks for the picture Gary, I didn't even think to take any and I usually do.
    victor3ranger - at least you got to do some more work on the car and you got to hide from the in-laws, it had to be a good day then.

9. probizjudi

probizjudi Veteran Member

Inspector-sorry we missed seein' ya! Thx for postin' the pic!

There's talk of another POP's cruise Nov. 14th. Im waiting for more info bec this is being done by Tulsa's TuesdayNightCruiz group. There shud be a bunch of hot rods on this one if it pans out! More to come as I get info.

10. victor3ranger

I just want it to go on record that I HATE anything that has to do with paint and body, that includes washing and waxing:mad:

That is all.