Project 8-Oh

ReorangeCamaro

Veteran Member
Aug 14, 2010
Wisconsin
Primed for Fall & Winter

The tail end is all primed for winter. I was so sick of bare metal showing and developing surface rust. I sanded clean with a DA up to 400 grit, treated with phosphoric acid, then used Self-Etching primer by NAPA - Martin Senor. Should be good for another 10 years under a garage actually until this spring when I will use epoxy primer to seal everything up!
driveway_zpsc3884a9d.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
driveway2_zps4297be3f.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
outforadrive_zps5f01fe52.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

ReorangeCamaro

Veteran Member
Aug 14, 2010
Wisconsin
Iknow2 said:
looks good!

From one fellow member with vision to the next! The dream is still alive! I think there are certainly plenty of people who would say... what a piece of scrap. Especially given the multi-color primer. But not our fellow members... We know what it takes to complete a project and we continue to envision what it WILL be. "the work goes on, the cause endures, the hope still lives, and the dream shall never die."

Kimkk72

Sep 12, 2014
shelton wa
ReorangeCamaro said:
hiddenbuildsheet_zps6fb3e464.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Another build sheet? I already recovered (in very good condition) a build sheet from the rear back seat cushion. Now as I was tipping the seat over to see the condition of the passenger side seat spring, I noticed another build sheet. This one is not in great condition but...still a neat find. Now I know where they put the build sheets.
I took off my gas tank and under it was a build sheet. pretty dirty and a little torn but exciting to find.

ReorangeCamaro

Veteran Member
Aug 14, 2010
Wisconsin
Kimkk72 said:
I took off my gas tank and under it was a build sheet. pretty dirty and a little torn but exciting to find.

Very cool. Was that recently? I think I saw your thread. I suppose mine had one there too. I can't remember since I changed my gas tank so long ago. I think there was a thread on the locations of all the build sheets. But I can't remember where I found it. I wonder if chevy was consistent on where they put the build sheets or if this was by plant. My car was built in Van Nuys California. Where was yours built?

ReorangeCamaro

Veteran Member
Aug 14, 2010
Wisconsin
Spring is Here!!!

Well... I didn't do quite as much as I had hoped to do before spring. But Here are some updates...

Still working on those inner door panels...
Innder%20door%20panel_zpsoeuxhzyd.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Wish my sewing machine had a walking foot! Then I would have added the padding to the back. Might redo it. The cost of vinyl was about $6.50 per side. Not too bad.

inner%20door%20panel%201_zpseh2zldcu.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

innder%20door%20panel%202_zps2ixcwx6n.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

ReorangeCamaro

Veteran Member
Aug 14, 2010
Wisconsin
Bought a 350 Engine!

Here is the 350 I bought. I bought it from a fellow NastyZ28 member. It came out of a 1977 chevy car. Maybe an impala or something. Not sure if I'll build a 355 or a 383 stroker. I guess I'm going to give that time since the 305 runs for now. This way I will focus on the paint and body work.

350%20pic_zpsyxm9cc0d.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

ReorangeCamaro

Veteran Member
Aug 14, 2010
Wisconsin
Still Working on the Hinges!

Still working on those hinges. Wish I could have taught my former self how to fix the hinges properly. But then again we didn't have youtube in the 1999 did we! So a combination of the Dorman part number 38374 and 38375 will give you the correct hinge bushings to ensure a snug fit. I also have replacement pins. Anyway, I like that I watched this first on youtube before I began doing it myself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEmZKr4leDE

How I removed the door this time:
door%20removed%20with%20chain%20fall%20hoist_zpsa9m7geeh.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

pile%20of%20hinges_zpsus7cz0sj.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Need a bigger bushing!

hinge%20bushings_zpsfte5wpnz.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

dorman_zpsnvsnknhq.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Latest posts