Project code name - Never Satisfied

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by 1981LT1, Jan 7, 2017.

Shaved Door Handles?

Poll closed Oct 16, 2017.
  1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    75.0%
  1. 80sz

80sz Veteran Member

Good deal. I think it adds to the structure with a tight bond. Glass installer wants to use butyl tape,I want ureathane...we still debating I'm waiting to get in paint booth and got time to think about it. Cars looking great

2. 1981LT1

1981LT1 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I've been on vacation this past week and the weather has been not very enjoyable the week prior to that so today and yesterday is the first time i have been able to work on the car. I am at the point where I need to start finishing the little things that have been piling up and I haven't wanted to do. I have been able to get several big items checked off of my list.

I got the new windows installed along with the new roller hardware that I ordered. I spent a couple of hours yesterday cleaning up the window tracks and it made a huge difference. It's a shame you won't see the window tracks cuz they turned out nice.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. 1981LT1

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. 1981LT1

Both windows are installed and adjusted, but I only snapped a pic of the driver side. My dumb ass closed the passenger door and I didn't realize I detached the door latch rod so now I have to clear out the interior so I can climb in and stick my hand in the door and do it manually.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. 1981LT1

I decided to plasti-dip all of the door parts that rub metal to metal, which is pretty much everything. Hopefully it will make a difference when everything is done and the typical door rattles are kept to a minimum. The pic is for the lock mechanism but you can picture the door rod with the same coating.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bob Lane likes this.
  6. dave@ztech

[email protected] Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Really like that dip idea, what you don't think those little socks they have on the rods will do the trick of keeping the parts from rattling ?? HAA HA

7. 1981LT1

It's been a bit muggy outside but I was finally able to work on the hood and get it ready for primer, and I was able to get the underside of the hood primed on Sunday. Since this hood was hacked up by the person that installed the scoop, I decided to use a panel to cover everything instead of bodyworking it. I've had this sheet aluminum for many years and I am finally fitting it. The marker lines are going to be the final shape so it should give everybody a good idea of how it will look.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bob Lane likes this.
  8. 1981LT1

Apparently I never posted the pics of my completed front blinker lights. Since this car is not an actual Z28, the headlight and blinker buckets were chrome. I sanded them down and painted them flat black, along with the window trim.

[​IMG]

[email protected] and Bob Lane like this.
  9. 1981LT1

I have been waiting all week to get these back from the powdercoater. I removed everything last weekend so I have been unable to do anything until I got them back so the car can be mobile again. Some of you may remember I already had the brakes coated but since I forgot to take them off when I painted the car, they got over spray all over them so I had them redone. I also got the front and rear sway bars but wasn't able to get them in the picture.

[​IMG]

Bob Lane likes this.
  10. 80sz

80sz Veteran Member

Do you have the window glass on outside of rubber all the way around?