Project code name - Never Satisfied

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by 1981LT1, Jan 7, 2017.

Shaved Door Handles?

Poll closed Oct 16, 2017.
  1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    75.0%
  1. dave@ztech

[email protected] Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Like the seats, I have not understood the rivet/grommet look, looks good on a cute woman's dress , not a car seat, and would probably catch your attention if they got hot and you sat down on them!!

hubedobeedo likes this.
  2. 1981LT1

1981LT1 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I don't have any pics to show of my progress but I was able to finish my e-brake cables (and they work!), got my transmission cross member modified and mounted, and I got my return fuel line installed. Now that the transmission is mounted solid, I can install the driveshaft and the exhaust. If the stars align this week, I may be able to fire the engine this weekend.

3. 1981LT1

These past few weeks have been a furious attack on getting things done. I want to get everything done by the end of the summer so I am doing everything I can to make this happen. I got the exhaust welded and installed, all of the brake lines have been tightened, radiator hoses have been installed, fuel lines are complete, and the battery has been installed. I was bleeding the brakes today and found out my brand new rear caliper seal is leaking so I will be fixing that this evening. I also spent a couple of hours today fixing my front brake line due to a cracked flare. I suppose these are the things that come with the territory when doing custom work. The pictures show it tacked in place but everything has been fully welded.

I used the Pypes exhaust system and it turned out pretty good. I had to fight it in a couple of areas, and it wouldn't clear my upper arms on the rear so I had to use turn downs.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

hubedobeedo likes this.
  4. hubedobeedo

hubedobeedo 3rd times a charm

most paint systems have 90 day cure time for air dry, wax or glaze will seal and eventualy cause die back ,then process starts over patience is a virtue. by the way nice color

5. hubedobeedo

hubedobeedo 3rd times a charm

i ended up using magnaflows wide stainless band clamps for serviceability . they were about a 100. usd shipped . i did not like the the hokey clamps that came with the system.hooker super comps with ceramic coat copper gaskets ,percy allen bolts

Attached Files:

6. 1981LT1

Here are some pics of the hoses and brake lines. Not much to look at but everybody likes pictures right?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

hubedobeedo and 71RSLS like this.
  7. thesalboy

thesalboy Veteran Member

Getting close! Hadn't ever heard of those Gates PowerGrip hose clamps. Have you used them before?

8. 1981LT1

No but I've seen them on a local cars and haven't heard of any negative issues. Plus, they really clean up the engine bay and give it that custom look.

9. 1981LT1

Since I didn't want to remove the headers to weld on my ball and socket flanges I installed some nice band clamps as opposed to those horrible exhaust clamps.

Before...

[​IMG]

After...

[​IMG]

10. 1981LT1

I also hooked up my battery and calibrated the FiTech controller today with my basic engine settings. I'll get some gas this weekend and then it's time to fire the engine.

Now that the battery is installed, I did a quick bulb test with my new LED's. The blinkers don't work right now since the flasher I bought (which was supposed to work with LED's) doesn't work with LED's.

[​IMG]