Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by 1981LT1, Jan 7, 2017.
Sorry to hear about the Texas Speed situation. That one you got looks pretty bad ass though!
Did you use the TMI seat brackets, or make your own? How's the headroom?
I am using the TMI brackets but I'm pretty sure they are "universal" for my car. I had to cut and weld them which I am really not happy about. I could've paid less than $50 is material and done the same thing that I paid over $200 for. Headroom is actually not that bad. I don't have the headliner installed yet so that may change. The seats look big in the car but they sit fairly low.
I started working on some more wiring and getting my power window harness ran through the doors. I also installed my stereo head unit so I can run the amp wiring. I am running RCA cables for the front/rear/sub combo and then speaker wire from the amps. I wasn't able to get both amps installed today since i cut one of my brackets wrong but you can see how I am going to mount them. The pics below show the 4-channel amp for the speakers.
I ended up taking off last Friday to run errands that I haven't been able to do for the past several weeks. Once of those errands was dropping off the rear seat to get shortened. I was hoping to get the rear seat bottoms done as well but the upholsterer wants the car there so he can trim the foam and get everything neat. I've been running speaker and trimming my driver to fit the 6" speaker and trying to keep the cutting at a minimum. I've got all of the stuff I need so I'm trying to keep making small little steps to get things done. You can tell from the pics below where I am going to mount the sub.
I got the car started again today using the new GM controller kit. It runs like a beast and I think once it's tuned it will be so much better. The only issue I have right now is I am getting a knock sensor low voltage code for both sensors. I am pretty sure it's because I am using the LS1 sensors and the computer is expecting the LS2/3 style dual wire sensors. I modified my harness to ground the "B" terminal (i think) and then the signal is going to the PCM. So, I don't know if I have a bad ground or I need to tune the computer appropriately. I can't seem to find a whole lot of information for using LS1 style sensors on an LS3. I can find adapter harnesses all day long but they are going from LS3 to LS1. Maybe I need to find a way to use the LS3 style sensors on the side of the block and go back to the original harness setup?
Not much help here - my setup is all stock LS1. I do recall my research indicating that you should only use quality knock sensors and harness - OE or higher end Delco. Did you skimp on them? There is a huge price difference - like 5x - so it's tempting. LS1 Tech search turns up a whole mess of results chasing this DTC down. Good luck.
When you get a minute, can you post a good pic of how your door handles turned out?
I’m using Delco sensors and they worked with the fitech setup. I’m pretty sure it’s the wiring and/or sensitivity in the tune.
I’ll get some pics of the door handles for you.
Here is a pic of the door handles..
I've probably gotten more done in a few hours this evening that over the past several weeks. I was able to finally get my steering shaft finished, I got my blinkers working, and I got my amps and rear speakers working.
Once I installed the hydraulic lines for the hydroboost, I could no longer use my factory intermediate shaft becuase the joint was too big and was hitting the fitting...
I was able to remedy the situation by using a borgeson joint and a 3/4 DD steel bar. It took a bit of measuring but it worked out. Now I need to get some grade 8 bolts to hold everything together...