Project code name - Never Satisfied

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by 1981LT1, Jan 7, 2017.

Shaved Door Handles?

Poll closed Oct 16, 2017.
  1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    75.0%
  1. 1981LT1

1981LT1 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I ordered these beauties today too...

[​IMG]

roadrace2, 71RSLS, Mark S and 2 others like this.
  2. 1981LT1

Got these delivered today. I was supposed to get my wheels to but the shipper required a signature and even though I took the day off, FedEx decided to bring them when I went to dinner. I am so pissed off right now.

[​IMG]

thesalboy likes this.
  3. 1981LT1

I was able to get my headliner and package tray installed today, along with my quarter panel and sail panel trim. I also got my rear seat back hooked in. FedEx showed up with my wheels at 8pm today so I wasted another day of not being able to run errands but at least I finally have my wheels. Here's how they fit...

[​IMG]

And here is how much room I have between the wheel and the lower control arm. I probably could have gone a bit wider but I'm happy with the look...

[​IMG]

dave@ztech likes this.
  4. 8pack

8pack Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Been roaming around in your thread trying to find what wheel sizes you got......thanks!

5. 1981LT1

I copied thesalboy and used his measurements from his project...

18x9.5 with 22mm offset for the front
    18x10.5 with with 22mm offset for the rear

He is using a 12mm spacer for the front and 20mm spacer for the rear. I am only going to use the front spacer.

6. thesalboy

thesalboy Veteran Member

Right, I still have leafs in the rear.

7. 1981LT1

I decided to stay safe and go with your measurements. I probably could’ve fit a 12” wheel but 315’s in the back is plenty of meat!

thesalboy likes this.
  8. 1981LT1

Well folks I'm getting closer to being done. I picked up my seats from the upholsterer last week and got them installed along with my new kick panels. I have to retake my pics due to a phone upgrade and losing some of them before I was able to upload them. I also modified my P/S reservoir to add a 2nd return line to get rid of the "T" fitting for my hydroboost. I haven't been able to test it yet since I have the air inlet off the car being prepped for paint. I spent most of today pulling my passenger inner fender to re-paint it and get my fan wiring re-routed. Once of the biggest additions is my new tires and wheels. The rears fit perfectly but the fronts are a different story. The offset isn't right so they are too close to the fender lip and the center bore doesn't clear my spindle. The look amazing on the car but unless I am going to drive on a very flat road and not turn anywhere, they aren't going to work. I'm going to call the wheel company tomorrow and see if they make a set that will fit better. I don't have much hope for this since they only offer a very specific offset but I have to try. If they won't make a different set, then I will have to get another set and sell these :-(

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. xten

xten Veteran Member

Shame about the wheels. Car looks great, so do the wheels on it. Hope they can do something for you.

10. thesalboy

thesalboy Veteran Member

Are you running any negative camber? The bearing cap of my Kore3 hubs just barely clears the center bore, but I can't fit the center cap on the wheel - the prongs on the wheel center cap hit the bearing cap.