Project code name - Never Satisfied

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by 1981LT1, Jan 7, 2017.

Shaved Door Handles?

Poll closed Oct 16, 2017.
  1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    75.0%
  1. 1981LT1

1981LT1 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Looks like a got a bit of good news tonight. I replaced the master and bled the system with my power bleeder and now I have a rock solid pedal. I didn't get to drive the car but this is a very good sign. The pedal was going to all the way to the floor before so cross your fingers for my test drive this weekend.

hubedobeedo and dave@ztech like this.
  2. 1981LT1

I test drove the car last weekend and the brakes work as good as I hoped. The clutch is still way too stiff so I ended up ordering an LS7 clutch last night from Tick Performance. If anybody is interested in a Monster Stage 3 clutch setup I will be selling mine once I pull it out. Today was the first day I have been able to devote some time outside so I decided to start cleaning all the nooks and crevices on the outside to get it ready to wax. I'm still waiting for my door panels to get here (It's now 7 weeks) so I'm not too concerned with the interior yet.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

CDesperado, 80sz, hubedobeedo and 4 others like this.
  3. dave@ztech

dave@ztech Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Looks great, what type of wax ?

4. hubedobeedo

hubedobeedo 3rd times a charm

5. 1981LT1

I use Pinnacle paste wax.

6. 1981LT1

I woke up this morning and found these!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

blend120 likes this.
  7. 1981LT1

After running some errands, I got the driver side installed. I need to order a replacement door pull and paint the door handle flat black but I think it looks great.

[​IMG]

I stripped the crappy chrome off of this and painted it flat black...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Clay K

Clay K Member

Those look great!

9. Bob Lane

Bob Lane Member Lifetime Gold Member

You do some pretty work.

10. 1981LT1

Well folks it's been a long time since I have update everybody. I'm sure you are all dying to find out what is happening :). I have sort of paused the project for the time being because I have been focusing the majority of my time getting my 86 Z28 ready to sell. It's crazy how motivated you become to fix all of the small things when somebody wants to buy the car. I was able to get the 81 tuned back on the 12th so I could actually drive it without worrying about anything going wrong with the engine. Because of the heads, cam, and injectors, there was a lot of adjustments that needed to be made to get the AFR correct. Unfortunately, because the engine hasn't been broken in, and we found a few other problems, we only did a few pulls up to 4K RPM's to get a decent baseline. We found my driveline angle was all wrong which was causing some pretty nasty vibrations, my pcv system was all wrong, my radiator shroud is causing some serious airflow blockage, and my knock sensors were not working. It was also recommended I install an oil cooler since stroker engines produce a bit more heat the normal so I have been working on getting the parts ordered for that. The really weird thing is that the car would get hot while driving but cool off when sitting still. Obviously this is not ideal for driving the car so I have to modify my fan shroud to allow for more airflow. I have gotten most of the issues resolved but I just haven't had the time to focus on getting everything completed.