Protouring F-Body feedback

Discussion in 'Suspension, Steering, Brake & Wheel Topics' started by VSTOL, Nov 8, 2019.

1. dcozzi

dcozzi Veteran Member

Good point, I got lost along the way.
    I have PTFB SFCs welded in. Also, their front frame horn brace welded in with nuts welded on the underside to firmly attach the sway bar bolts. I have mocked up their firewall braces and they fit perfectly. (Have to wait until I get an alignment to see if I can use the mounting tab as a UCA spacer.) Their product is real beefy and well made. My car is real straight so they must be pretty spot-on with their manufacturing specs.
    That is my "pro-touring" type experience. It happens to be with PTFB. The car sits on jackstands so, no real world handling experience to offer. Keyboard cowboy here.

2. Twinn Engines

Twinn Engines New Member

I have some DSE products and they are top notch quality

3. ks71z28

ks71z28 Veteran Member NastyZ28 Sponsor NastyZ28 Sponsor Lifetime Gold Member

So you guys know, I have broken many of the 4 link, torque arm set ups out there! Packaging to get things right is tough. Personally I run a 3 link, and was able to keep the back seat with a fairly long upper link. Leafs are the way to go, for less than $500 in most cases you can buy a complete rear suspension that bolts in, is strong. If you do a link set up, you will want to minitub, and get some huge meats out back. Now you have $10k into the rear of the car. Heck, I went with a full floater 9" to be safe. A good link rear suspension is hard to get from a box. We have done several in our shop, all of which are full integrated into the structure of the car, not a bolt in toy. The original Ridetech 4 link lasted 2 runs with me driving a customers car. I bend 3 torque arms and ripped the panhard bar out of my car before completely reworking the "off the shelf kit" 2nd gens are so easy to make handle well. We make kits as well as build cars, most of them with just bolt in place parts. Its when you want to run with the big boys you need to step it up, at that point your building a high dollar ride. We do those too, but most people don't have "Ring Bros" money, or funds to buy the DSE catalog. For the rest of you thank fully there are places like Custom Works Performance, PTFB, Global West, UMI, etc. So in conclusion.... I would rather have leaf springs than a rear or poorly designed link rear set up!