PTFB Experience

Discussion in 'Suspension, Steering, Brake & Wheel Topics' started by tubbedz, Sep 8, 2015.

1. tubbedz

tubbedz Veteran Member

After reading several forums about PTFB, I decided to purchase a product. Their products got good reviews but their service received a lot of negativity and outweighed anything good. So I took a chance, and here is my experience.:confused:

I recently placed an order for a simple Sway Bar Brace on July 22nd. I paid on-line through Paypal and paid the additional shipping cost. After a week, I got no confirmation from PTFB. So I call and Dave says he has received my order and it will be shipped out next week. That’s great! So I wait and I wait. After a week, no product. I then open a Paypal dispute and I finally get a response from Dave. By now it is Aug 18th, over three and a half weeks later. He tells me there is an issue with the powder coater and I will have to wait till the coaters are done. So I tell him that’s fine, at least it’s a legitimate problem. As elsewhere on this forum it mentions that Dave has a lot of powder coating issues. A week later on Aug 24th, Dave emails to tell me the braces are back from powder coating and that he can ship it to me if I pay $22 for shipping. I email Dave back to tell him that I previously paid a $12 shipping cost and that I should only have to pay the difference of $10. I told him to send me an invoice for $10 and I will gladly pay the difference….he agrees. It sounded like Dave does not keep track of their billing and invoices. Three days go by then Dave responds to tell me I need to close the Paypal dispute or he cannot ship the item. So I tell him that I will close the dispute tonight and to send me an invoice for the difference in shipping of $10. He agrees. By now it is Sept 5th, six weeks and five days! I finally receive the Sway Bar Brace and there are no extended mounting bolts and washers!! What a pain!

I just want everyone to know that if you decide to purchase through Dave at PTFB, I hope you have a lot of time and patience. If your project can wait, please place an order but if you have goals or a deadline forget it and purchase elsewhere. Don’t get me wrong, I was sooo happy when the part finally arrived from the powder coater but felt as though I could have been wrongly charged twice for shipping. Lastly, I was really let down when Dave forgot to include the mounting hardware. Good Luck with your purchases from PTFB! I will never purchase from them again!!!
    :mad:

2. phat80

phat80 Veteran Member

that blows

You know, in stark contrast I dealt with Custom Works...they had my stuff shipped the next day.

3. Lowend

Lowend Administrator. .a car, a man, a maraca. Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

I really wish Dave would get his feces coagulated. His products are solid, he knows his stuff... and I hear this more often than not

4. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

I just wonder why. You see the complaints and the probems, yet still give it a shot? The problem with the powder coater is the oldest excuse in the PTFB handbook. I'm not suprised you had an issue, most people do, but I just don't get it. Why do people still volunteer their hard earned cash and post here to highlight the negative experience? He has been playing these game for a long time. Wake up and smell the coffee, learn something by this feedback. There are plenty of other sponsors that are dedicated to make a happy transaction

5. cbraswell

cbraswell Veteran Member

That's a shame because I would love to buy my suspension parts from Dave if he could get his act together. After all his problems, I'll be going with Custom Works or Hotchkis.

6. XxWickedz28xX

XxWickedz28xX Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

This!

Learn from others' experiences, that's why those threads were created....otherwise why read them at all?

7. Prototype4342

Prototype4342 Veteran Member

I suppose I should be happy I got new second hand PTFB stuff here on the forum rather than dealing with all of that.

Good products so I can see why even with some issues people still going to PTFB. That said I have ordered things from Custom Works and never had any issues.

8. KEVS79

KEVS79 Veteran Member

Agreed, Keith with Custom Works is very prompt, answers his phone most of the time and if not he calls you right back. Heck I even texted him on a Sunday night not expecting a return text till Mon morning....he texted me right back with the answer.....thats customer service!!

9. olds403

olds403 Member

He missed the shackle kit in my order. Promptly shipped it out.

I will order again in the Winter as I would not need it until Spring anyway. He has great parts - just has way too much delay with the parts he makes it seems. I really wanted new lower control arms and drop base aircleaner, but he was stocked out and no ETA.

10. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

Post like yours is why people continue to order.....