PTFB or Custom Works solid body bushings?

Discussion in 'Suspension, Steering, Brake & Wheel Topics' started by TX79Z28, Jun 25, 2014.

1. TX79Z28

TX79Z28 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I'm getting ready to order some for my 79. Is one better than the other (PTFB vs CW)?

They look somewhat similar, but yet there seems to be something different about them I can't figure our what it is

Are their kits made by another source? Or built by them? Are they selling the exact same kits?

Any thoughts/advice?

Last edited: Jun 25, 2014
  2. Protour-Camaro

Protour-Camaro Veteran Member

Buy Global West. They come with the correct hardware, are anodized, and fit perfect. I have heard of too many fitment issue on the core support with PTFB.
    DSE if you want to spend a little more for Hard Coated.

3. legierk

legierk Veteran Member

I did not look at the bushings you posted but I'll provide you my thoughts. Back when I put mine on (about 12 years ago), the only company making them was Moroso and maybe Comp Engineering. Anyhow, nowadays they are all interlocking, which is a good thing. Mine were not. Secondly, mine are the lowering body bushings. Basically, there is no bushing at the radiator core support and I think about 1/2" bushings on the subframe. It really does do a great job of lowering everything.

What I do is read the installation instructions (if available) from each manufacturer and usually that will dictate which direction I choose. Installation ease? Clear instructions? Quality product? Professional company? The install instructions usually will answer those questions.

4. 77nomad

77nomad Veteran Member

They were the exact same for a long time. But I'm not sure if Keith is doing his own yet or not. I had no issue installing mine. (PTFB)

5. ManwithNoName

ManwithNoName Veteran Member

Same here, I used the PTFB & didn't have any issues installing them.

6. lumpy12

lumpy12 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I don't know anything about the PTFB solid bushings, but I have Keith's and they went in like a snap. The front holes had to be opened up a wee bit like most every one elses

[youtube]2TVupXZzaww[/youtube]

7. biggjay96x

biggjay96x Veteran Member

x2

8. OhCookie

OhCookie Veteran Member

^^+1

9. J. Chris Davis

J. Chris Davis Veteran Member

PTFB here too and couldn't be happier with them. Great quality and easy to install.

10. warped

warped Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sitting in my command bunker waiting for the zombi
    I have the CW solid bushings and they installed with no issues. I would have gone with ptfb but I was ordering Keith's delrin shackle bushings so got evrything from him. You can install them one way to get stock ride height or turn them over and they will lower the body onto the frame. Came with all necessary hardware. Installation on my back in the garage took less than 2 hours. Good luck.