QA1 SPRINGS

72BIGBLOCK

Veteran Member
Feb 2, 2008
SF
I am on my first Gen. I replaced the Vikings with qa1s and glad I did. The Vikings always had some issue, they made noises, were too stiff, rubbed, and when I called them they were more interested in telling me how they all left qa1 to start a new company. I called qa1 and they dialed everything in and it’s been the only trouble free best riding shock I’ve had on this car

I think I’m running 350 but I could be wrong it’s been a while.

Dec 15, 2020
I am on my first Gen. I replaced the Vikings with qa1s and glad I did. The Vikings always had some issue, they made noises, were too stiff, rubbed, and when I called them they were more interested in telling me how they all left qa1 to start a new company. I called qa1 and they dialed everything in and it’s been the only trouble free best riding shock I’ve had on this car

I think I’m running 350 but I could be wrong it’s been a while.
I do have the 350s I noticed the other day on the uca there was a clean spot where the bump stop has been hitting so im guessing the 350s are to soft. Some have said the 550 was a little stiff so im gona go with the 500 I did consider the 450 but I would rather have it a little stiff than not enough on top of don't want to buy another set if the 450 wasn't enough
Thanks for your response

krabben1

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
May 16, 2007
( . Y . )Delco
If you email them with everything you have,they will recommend a poundage.
Im running 500s on my bb chevelle,aluminum heads,and I beleive I have 550s for my iron headed bb camaro,not installed yet.(also went a hair heavier for the RS front)

Last edited:

72BIGBLOCK

Veteran Member
Feb 2, 2008
SF
I do have the 350s I noticed the other day on the uca there was a clean spot where the bump stop has been hitting so im guessing the 350s are to soft. Some have said the 550 was a little stiff so im gona go with the 500 I did consider the 450 but I would rather have it a little stiff than not enough on top of don't want to buy another set if the 450 wasn't enough
Thanks for your response
Hmm I have some 500 springs somewhere hmm uou just reminded me

Latest posts