Question about harassment or threats

MotionClone

Veteran Member
Jan 20, 2014
away from the crazies
"I'm not going to do anything because your at work but if I see you anywhere else it's on"

No need to live in fear, you have 2 options:

#1 Find out where he lives and go knock on his door and politely ask him what he meant by "its on". Most likely he wont even answer it and he wont mess with you anymore knowing that you can't be intimidated. Be sure to have a buddy record from a distance.

#2 call the cops right now, make a complaint

70 Proof

Veteran Member
Sep 28, 2014
Southern Utah
If it was simply a verbal threat and nothing more and you feel like you must do something: during normal business hours drop by the police or sheriff's station that has jurisdiction in the area where the threat occurred and make a report. If you can't go to their office call dispatch.
No need to retain a lawyer
Do not go to his employer
One incident isn't harassment
Do not loose any sleep over it
If he wanted to find you he probably could have done so already.

1971CamaroGuy

LS Swapped 1971 Camaro
Oct 31, 2004
Maybe I missed it, but where do you work at that allowed you to be in the guys line of site for a few hours?

Is there something you can do on that end? Have you talked with your employer that a customer threatened you?

David79Z28

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Oct 22, 2009
Greenville, TX
I would at least document it with the local authorities. If it escalates and you have to protect yourself, at least you will have this occurance recorded helping your self defense claim.

72BIGBLOCK

Veteran Member
Feb 2, 2008
SF
Good points guys
I think I'll start with a police report to have proof and going to his employer I guess wouldn't be a bad idea

I'm not scared or losing sleep
I have a friend who's a lawyer I just don't want to leave it as is because you never know

1971CamaroGuy

LS Swapped 1971 Camaro
Oct 31, 2004
Good points guys
I think I'll start with a police report to have proof and going to his employer I guess wouldn't be a bad idea

I'm not scared or losing sleep
I have a friend who's a lawyer I just don't want to leave it as is because you never know

On your reviews did you make any personal attacks to this person? Or was it strictly business and factual?

What business did he have at your place of employment? because honestly that's something that you might be able to fix there.

I agree, I feel like we are missing some information as well, and some clarity why this guy was at his place of employment. And for a few hours at that.

The only issue I'm not clear on is how did he watch you for a couple of hours at work? How did he find you at work, just a chance meeting?

Last edited:

Knuckle Dragger

Mayor of Simpleton
Staff member
Lifetime Gold Member
Nov 2, 2002
Waddell AZ
The only issue I'm not clear on is how did he watch you for a couple of hours at work? How did he find you at work, just a chance meeting?

It's been a couple of years, if he was going to do anything with your personal information it would have happened by now. That's pretty serious trouble if he gets caught. I doubt a bad review is worth the risk and I'll bet he thinks that way too. IMO, the guy saw you and remembered the bad review. He wanted his ounce of flesh but he's a pussy. He gave himself the "out" of you're at work so he didn't actually have to follow through. If he was hell bent on revenge you being at work wouldn't mean sh!t to him. That's the stuff guys say when they want to play the role of the tough guy and feel good about themselves but aren't really willing to go to blows. It's a ego boost. He walked away feeling like he's the man. I wouldn't put much thought into it at all. The best reply I ever heard during on of these posturing displays was when a guy told the dude that made the threat "When it's time, don't be a pussy about it, make sure come at me from the front and we'll see who can get it done" It completely deflated the guy. Funny as hell.

With a verbal threat I don't think you'll get anyone to listen to your complaint. Unless he cops to it all you have is his word against yours.

72BIGBLOCK

Veteran Member
Feb 2, 2008
SF
On your reviews did you make any personal attacks to this person? Or was it strictly business and factual?

What business did he have at your place of employment? because honestly that's something that you might be able to fix there.

I agree, I feel like we are missing some information as well, and some clarity why this guy was at his place of employment. And for a few hours at that.

He was here at my work and he was walking around with another employee and I noticed him looking and staring at me almost like trying to get my attention

dirtmod08

Veteran Member
Jan 17, 2007
Central Illinois
Ok, you work at a factory, kitchen, hardware store, fish hatchery, hotel, movie theater, grocery store, window washer? Trying to establish how creepy it was that he ran into you, why was he there?

Latest posts