Question about harassment or threats

72BIGBLOCK

Veteran Member
Feb 2, 2008
SF
No personal attacks just the truth !
I was pretty heated and made sure they
I was upset because I lost my inspection money , the house and had to start all over again ... when the market was hot so it delayed everything .

I ended up getting a house somewhere else and everything fell into place but yeah that was something that he could have avoided

I only did the inspection because he said to do it then later he said we can't get the loan and he had all the paperwork beforehand so it was a complete newbie type mistake ... guys been in business for a while

72BIGBLOCK

Veteran Member
Feb 2, 2008
SF
He was here for a transaction with another employee but after he approached me and said his part

80sz

sup
Feb 2, 2014
Buffalo,n.y.
You get the upper hand . File a complaint that he harassed you. Sure I woulda said bring it and dropped him but that's risking taking money out of my pocket and losing a job. Nowadays you gotta follow protocol . Tell the boss,you were harassed for a incident years ago ,this guys got some issues and I'm the one who was out 400.00 bucks.

deltachevy

Feb 11, 2010
Mobile
Around these parts they call what he did "simple assault by threat" and would be arrested and charged for doing so. Brought to jail, bonding out, court date - the whole 9 yards.

He's got no right to threaten you like that. A police report needs to be made for the simple fact that if you need to defend yourself in the future the reasoning will be there. Good time to carry. Don't let him get away with that.

jimrr

Veteran Member
Jun 12, 2016
sarasota
He was here for a transaction with another employee but after he approached me and said his part
Coincidence. ...he has waited years to run into you and say his peace. Leave sleeping dogs lie. Now he can move on. If you see him again then get proactive. Again. ..Jmho.

GoldenOne7710

Equal Opportunity Offender
Lifetime Gold Member
Jun 23, 2004
Athens, GA
I'd go make sure the other employee knows the story. Possibly influence him to make a decision to drop the deal with Mr Banker. He can't sue you for slander if you're telling the truth and can back up your claims with evidence.

Maybe he'll come find you a second time since he obviously knows where you work. NEXT time, clock out for a break...maybe even take him to lunch for a man-to-man.

I would also make it known to his superiors. If he's there on business...he was definitely in the wrong for bringing it up. I like the email idea. Digital records are good evidence in court.

One the other hand, I take 'threats' seriously. I'll either call you out on a bluff or give you ample opportunity to keep your promise. Done it a few times. Never does pan out for the other party.

Bandit723

Veteran Member
Oct 1, 2016
Waupaca WI
No personal attacks just the truth !
I was pretty heated and made sure they
I was upset because I lost my inspection money , the house and had to start all over again ... when the market was hot so it delayed everything .

I ended up getting a house somewhere else and everything fell into place but yeah that was something that he could have avoided

I only did the inspection because he said to do it then later he said we can't get the loan and he had all the paperwork beforehand so it was a complete newbie type mistake ... guys been in business for a while
So why did the loan not go thru? was it because of the results of the inspection or so other reason.Best thing to do when buying property with a loan pending is to get pre-approved for it. or write into the offer a contingency on the loan and don't spend any money until it is approved.

351maverick

full time Ebay seller/hustler/car killer
Aug 11, 2010
erie, PA
sorry OP but he did NOT threaten you

Google what is takes to actually count as making a terroristic threat

a threat must be VERY specific, and really needs to be proven somehow (text message, email, voicemail, witnesses, etc) otherwise it's his word against yours

just saying "it's on" is nowhere near specific enough

let it go

GoldenOne7710

Equal Opportunity Offender
Lifetime Gold Member
Jun 23, 2004
Athens, GA
sorry OP but he did NOT threaten you

Google what is takes to actually count as making a terroristic threat

a threat must be VERY specific, and really needs to be proven somehow (text message, email, voicemail, witnesses, etc) otherwise it's his word against yours

just saying "it's on" is nowhere near specific enough

let it go
That's all going to depend on the authorities involved.

The beer wholesale distributor in used to work at...they fired a district manager. He simply told them during the closed door meeting...when he was fired, "Y'all gonna pay for this." He got picked up on a terroristic threat charge AND it held up in court. Served 2 years probation and can't own a firearm now.