Question for 71 Z28 owners

atb5144

Jul 4, 2016
Eastern Shore Maryland
My '71 Z28 was bought new in N.B. Canada , It is a first week of May 1971 build date . has the short rear spoiler with the chrome Z28 emblem . This car has only 11,000 miles on it and had the front spoiler when I bought it in 2006 but the original owner told me that he had the dealer install the front spoiler when he first got the car . I dont know if it was delivered inside the car from factory or if he purchased it after the fact, from the dealer parts dept . possible it was delivered with the car and the dealer charged the owner extra for it anyway . I have met many car salesman that would not be above doing that . My GM of Canada documentation does not specify one way or another whether the front spoiler was part of the D80 package .
Does your car with the short spoiler have a trunk lid badge?

Beef

Jun 30, 2012
Boston, MA
Do you recall if it was a conversation about RS/z28 vs an RS/SS combination?
I remember that I did not want the split number and large rear spoiler, the salesman said, 'oh, you want the SS version', I was thinking he thought I wanted the SS, he came back at me saying, yes you want the SS with the Z28 package. Funny, so long ago but I remember it. The other note was I needed to replace the radiator support a couple of years ago and the only replacement was for a six cylinder, had to get it plasma cut, worked great.

mallard

Veteran Member
Oct 3, 2013
SK, Canada
I remember that I did not want the split number and large rear spoiler, the salesman said, 'oh, you want the SS version', I was thinking he thought I wanted the SS, he came back at me saying, yes you want the SS with the Z28 package. Funny, so long ago but I remember it. The other note was I needed to replace the radiator support a couple of years ago and the only replacement was for a six cylinder, had to get it plasma cut, worked great.
Significant misspeak on the salesman’s part.

AeroheadZ28

Feb 26, 2021
Webb City, Missouri
I have a 72 Z28 it has the 3 piece spoiler and has the Z28 sticker on the rear spoiler.

We are in the process of doing a restomode and I will go back with the Z28 emblem.

I hope this helps.