question for all

Discussion in 'Oklahoma Region' started by 1973camaro406, Jul 13, 2010.

1. 1973camaro406

1973camaro406 Veteran Member

I have two cars, one is a numbers match 74 trans am 455 with 64,ooo miles very little rust about half restored.I also have a 68 barracuda(notch back) thats about one third restored.The barracuda is a stripper great for a hodrod and I've got a 360 magnum engine 8 3/4 posi rearend ready to go.Not much rust.I have an engine it's a 421 small block chevrolet complete ready to go and a 12 bolt posi waiting till I find another camaro. My question is wich one should I sell? The camaro is going to be a hotrod so do I need two hotrods? Let me know what you think!

2. gutted72

gutted72 Veteran Member

Ronnie,
    I think you should have as many hotrods as you can drive and afford. There are 7 days in a week, so to me that means 7 cars. This way I can drive a different one each day.

Which ever one you decide to keep will be the wrong one later down the road. But I do know someone that would be interested in which ever one you decide to sell.

I know none of this helps, but you did ask what I think!

3. Cardinal

Cardinal Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

VERY tough question.

The 'Cuda would/could/might be worth more in the long run as they are getting rare.

The Firebird was the first year that they castrated the 455 (dropped the compression, different low performance cam, etc.) but it should still be worth something as a "collector" car.

Man, I don't know. You've put yourself between a rock and a hard place. If it were me, I'd sell the one that would bring the most cash which would fund any new project.

4. BondoSpecial

BondoSpecial Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I hate the 74-75 Firebird nose but I have no love for the early year A body barracuda either. Which do you like better, I dont' think there is a clear winner there.

5. INSPECTOR57

INSPECTOR57 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I'll agree with Wes, keep 'em all if you can afford it. But then there's the dilemma of which one do you work on :confused:

Being a loyal GM owner I'd sell the Barracuda. The T/A will be worth more IF you ever sell it & is a much better overall vehicle technology wise. Plus it's further along to being on the road.

But, those 'Cudas are light & not very common (like Camaros & Firebirds are ). It would be a blast with the right set-up :D

What generation of Camaro are you looking for?

Gary

6. gutted72

gutted72 Veteran Member

7. probizjudi

probizjudi Veteran Member

Ronnie, I gotta chime in here too. Sell all of it and buy the one Wess posted on Craigs List. Then ya have one to drive on Pwr Tour! I know u love to work on them, buy goodies for them, but it seems projects go undone with so much going on. This way u could focus on ONE car and really make a very nice one out of it as its probably a good one to start with. Maybe the price is too high??? I dont know but u are good at bargaining and trading, no telling what kind of deal u could work with the seller:) Wish ya well in whatever ya decide! Keep us posted! :)

8. 1973camaro406

I would like a 70-73 camaro or a 67 camaro. I have to agree that one camaro is way out of my price range.I have so much stuff for the barracuda I hate to sell it! Maybe I should sell the ta and finish the barracuda while I look for a camaro.True the barracuda is so!!!!! lite weight!!!! about 2900 pounds I believe.Keep the coments coming and do not be shy.Thanks!

9. probizjudi

probizjudi Veteran Member

Ok that sounds like a plan, keep the Cuda, sell everything else, finish the Cuda. THEN find a 70-73 Camaro, or whatever. One step at a time :) Hang in there, we're with ya!

10. 1973camaro406

Hey wes who do you know that would be interested in my cars?