Rader Classics gone?

Discussion in 'Sponsor, Vendors & New Products' started by Da-bigguy, Apr 15, 2014.

1. johns 80 camaro

johns 80 camaro Veteran Member

he got what he wanted was our $$$$$$$

2. Jakeblue

Jakeblue Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

At this point, it probably won't matter to him, but I think he should be banned from the site.

3. 1971CamaroGuy

1971CamaroGuy LS Swapped 1971 Camaro

This is my first post on this site outside my build thread in a while, but I still get emails from the subscriptions. I wanted say this:

Sure he's a douche for taking your money, but I will say you guys need to absorb some of the reason your in this situation for not doing your part to protect yourselves.

We have been on the internet long enough to learn to trust no one, and hopefully lessons are gotten out of this.

From what I can tell you guys allowed yourselves to "wait" for a product that basically wasn't coming. And you pre-paid in advance on top of that.

And when I seen Lee was trying to build "start up capital" before even having something ready to ship was a red flag for me.

That was your first mistake.......don't invest in someone else's venture unless your willing to gamble

And if you only used paypal as the form of payment, and not backed up the payment with a credit card in case something went south

That was your second mistake..........

By letting yourself to "wait" for the product you opened yourself up to waiving any rights to a refund by going past your allowed grace period either through your credit card company or paypal. All you had at that point was empty promises from the seller. Your hands were tied.

That was your Third mistake......

People have to use due diligence to protect themselves, and if it was me I would have filed a chargeback a week before my time limit was up. You have 60 days on credit cards which would have been ample enough time to allow Lee Rader to follow through on his end. I wouldn't have waited longer than three weeks myself, let alone two months.

I almost jumped on his clear taillight thread where he was asking for people to pre-pay with a "nastyz28" discount (yes he used his nastyz28 sponsored vender status as a hook in my opinion because it added credibility to his dealings).

But I kept going back on forth on the decision. But in the end I changed my mind because something seemed off to me.

But I can promise you if I did send him my money I wouldn't be in this situation. I would have already filed a chargeback and he could take it up with PayPal.

It's sad there are people out there that has no problem ripping customers off like this, it just makes the sellers that are legit look bad.

I'm cut from a different cloth, if I sell something on the internet I'm going to do what I can to get what I sold to that person asap. I treat people no less than how I would want to be treated when doing business online.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2014
  4. Jakeblue

Jakeblue Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

We are adults here. I understand perfectly how life works. Your quote about the "hook", in my opinion, is where the trust went beyond common sense for most, including me.

Banned or not, the site here should have some guidelines when allowing a "vendor" to site sponsor and promote products. Maybe they are already in place and this person slipped through. Only the Mods know the answer to that one. We are here because we love our cars and those kind of sponsors are not good for the hobby.

5. Jim Stokkeland

Jim Stokkeland Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

Here's the thing, it sux to get hosed, but nobody here knows what he's going through. I have personally met him, and he is a good dude. I am positive he didn't just take the money and run.

I'm sure that's no consolation, but doo doo occurs. It will do no good whatsoever to keep blowing him up.

6. DENALI

DENALI Veteran Member

Anyone hear anything else from him?

7. biggjay96x

biggjay96x Veteran Member

nope