Ralph's 1977 z28

Ralphz28

Apr 5, 2015
Ct
Just got my floor pans in today so i'll start cutting into it on saturday (weather permitting). One thing though, the motor smokes alot when idling. Valve seals? I only ran it for around 10 minutes so maybe if I let it run for a while it could clear up?

Ralphz28

Apr 5, 2015
Ct
Looked under the car today and found a puddle of oil that came from the exhaust. Looks like the rings in the current motor are gone. So instead of putting money into it, I have another almost finished 350 in the garage that will be donated to this project. Pics to come soon

Ralphz28

Apr 5, 2015
Ct
Ok, pics as promised:

image_zpsaxktgyjr.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

image_zpsc0iupbf0.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Took off the spoiler because water was getting in the trunk.

image_zpso1wu1stc.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Here's the culprit. Water was getting in through the spoiler studs.

image_zpsi9i1cutn.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Passenger floor

image_zpskuvgcfhz.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Driver floor

image_zpstpbglwan.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Looking for the correct steering wheel if anyone's got one

So as you can see I have some work to do. The trunks got a few small holes that will need repair also. I'll get some pics of the donor motor tomorrow.

Last edited:

kustom77

Veteran Member
Feb 10, 2002
Morriston Florida usa
I have a steering wheel from a 77 Lt. Not sure if same as z28 . steering wheel only all horn parts and cap are gone. It's in a box out in the shed I would have to dig it out and see what condition it's in...been 10 years since I looked at it.

Ralphz28

Apr 5, 2015
Ct
kustom, im not sure if they're the same either, but i would be very interested if they were. Anyone know?

The frame rails are in good shape, the whole car is pretty solid besides the floors which I fully expected to be rotted out anyway.

Latest posts