Random- Can I use these together to charge/top off a battery?

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by FreedomPenguin, May 16, 2020.

1. FreedomPenguin

FreedomPenguin Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Seems to be working just fine. Was fully charged today when I got on it, either it catches on fire one day or it’s pretty fine.

option chosen, sealed and 12v. Rest seems to be automated. I’m very happy with this, it’s all I wanted was a mower charger, way better than effort of running power to shed

2. BLUE72CAMARO

BLUE72CAMARO Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Just dont leave it hooked up all the time. Trickle chargers will kill batteries over time if left constantly on. My buddy was changing batteries in his 4 wheeler once a year, literally rides it a dozen times a year. I told him to stop leaving it hooked up all the time and put it on for one day a month or so. The battery he has in it now is on year 3.

3. FreedomPenguin

I have a 4 bank battery charger in my garage.- pricy but I feel its already saved me $ with not letting a single battery die. The mower I would store in garage over winter, but with my mustang, and my TREK bikes, there was no longer any room in the garage to do charging. Which is why I ultimately made this thread, i don't know how the solar renogy charger compares to battery tender, but I cant talk bad about BT. Its been great, been using their products almost 7 or 8 years.

https://www.amazon.com/Battery-Tender-022-0148-DL-WH-12-Volt-Management/dp/B000CIPHUI

Ive had my motorcycles and cars, etc on them whenever not in use for more than a week. I am at 170k miles on original battery of scion, and my old gsxr was 7 years old, still going champ, I sold it. and my Harleys battery is like 6-8 years old, still turns over on a dime.

I only ride the harley like 10 times a year, so it stays charged entire time. Scion stays on tender half the year now (all summer) and mustang stays on tender, all winter long. all 4 banks of my tender is charging a battery/vehicle. but 3 are active year round.

Above the table right beside the door hanging on wall, is the little 4 bank power bank.

Ive just never had a battery die yet. I assume scion will eventually corrode just waiting for day it quits turning over to replace it.

Attached Files:

4. bourbon_scotch

bourbon_scotch Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Where are your spiders? Why do you not have spiders? I think your ecology is breaking down there.

5. FreedomPenguin

lol I don't have spiders, they are all dead. When I see them they are shriveled up in a ball, they cross the line outside garage door and just die afterwards. I am pretty religious with the applications, but this little container has lasted me a long time.

I spray this around the exterior of garage and all along the house, 1 foot from house, 1 foot up house, and between the two.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 12, 2020
  6. Bandit723

Bandit723 Veteran Member

Not even sure what spiders have to do with keeping a charge in a battery. Cold climate bring em in the house will last longer. your everyday battery will last to a point but will need to be replaced. the trickle charge helps to a point but i have seen that go bad over time.

7. The Champ

The Champ Veteran Member

8. Bandit723

Bandit723 Veteran Member

We'll never too late to learn something....I always brought in the boat, lawn mower and motorcycle battery. I will scratch that off the list this winter Lol